Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Our local morning news show is making a crock pot recipe each day this week.  This was yesterday’s recipe.  I made it yesterday and they turned out great.  I had one for lunch today too.  Since we’re being healthy, we’re having ours on whole wheat tortillas with no cheese or sour cream, but we didn’t miss those things.  I just used three large breasts and one can of everything else, and we have plenty for leftovers for the next few days for just us two.

IMG_0333

CROCK POT CHICKEN TACOS

LAYER IN CROCK POT
1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes
1/2-1 cup diced medium onion

Sprinkle with garlic powder, cumin, salt & pepper to taste.

Cook 4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low.

Shred chicken with fork.

Mix into chicken:
1 can drained & rinsed black beans
1 can drained yellow corn

Heat through and serve on corn or flour tortillas with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and shredded cheese.
Can be frozen for later use.  HERE is the online video if you want to watch it.

********************************

I keep forgetting to tell y’all that Ollie’s leg is doing great.  There was clear evidence of healing and fusion on the latest x-rays.  We go back to the vet a week from today to get the hard splint replaced with a soft one.  He will still have to be kept in his pen most of the time though.  So that’s great news!  No 3-legged animals will be living here, at least for now.

******************************

It’s a beautiful, sunny 79 degrees here today!

Hope you’re having a good week.

I’m on the hunt for another quick pattern to make.

Paula, I have NOT made your other glove yet.

I’m bad!

7 comments:

  1. Great to hear healing is happening. And I am going to write this recipe down. Always looking for new recipes and this looks yummy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ollie!! So glad to hear this- the other little pom puppy Iknew that broke both front legs healed well so I was hoping Ollie would too. Chi-Pom actually and it was only 11 wks when it broke its legs so they are pretty sure it'll be fine. Hope Ollie is too.

    If you find any quick patterns share them I'm up foer some instant gratification stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Those look great. And I love the new header. I need a new one too. I haven't like the last one I did since I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy AND healthy.. we went to the doctor for a checkup today and I've lost 8 lbs! We're eating healthier too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that Ollie is healing well! Your tacos look yummy!!!!!
    It was hot here today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pammy!

    The recipe sounds good! Thanks!

    It's 60 degrees here in Cincinnati..:-) Warm for this area.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear about Ollie! That's just awesome news.

    I'll have to try the chicken tacos. They look good. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥