Monday, February 06, 2012

Black Bean & Corn Salsa

DSCF6117

Basic Recipe is HERE.  It says it’s 5-minute salsa, but realistically it’s more like 15 with the draining and washing and chopping and measuring.  I made some changes to this recipe.

DSCF6122 I added a jar of pimentos and substituted dried oregano for the cumin.  Cumin is not one of our favorite spices.  The Captain says it smells like dirty feet.  Ha.

DSCF6125 And we have another favorite Black Bean & Corn Salsa recipe that uses oregano so I decided to ditch the cumin and add a Tablespoon of dried oregano instead.

DSCF6128 Serve with baked tortilla chips for dipping or on top of fish or chicken, or even use it as a salad topper instead of dressing.  It’s so colorful and fresh-tasting.

YUMMY!

9 comments:

  1. Looks really good and healthy. I'm a big fan of black olives. A lot of times I'll cut the cumin called for in half. Looks like you are enjoying making some new recipes. Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious... I will of course give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that looks nummy, thanks XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE anything made with black beans! ! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skinny Minny, you guys are doing great. Does the Captain think cilantro taste like soap. I've heard that before. Are you getting beach ready....he-he....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how yummy! I wish I could try! he he he! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great week ahead!
    LS xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how yummy! I wish I could try! he he he! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great week ahead!
    LS xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks SO good! How is your little boy???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again. I guess I have missed a few of your posts. Love those fingerless gloves! Your lasagna looked fabulous!!!! And Ollie is looking great! Love his big ol ears, and love his splint covers that you are making him.
    Hugs,,,,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥