Monday, January 23, 2012

Yackity-Yack

Sorry no pictures today!  I really don’t like going to blogs and seeing a bunch of text and no pictures, but that’s what this entry is today.  I lose interest in a bunch of yacking and no visual stimulation, don’t you?  Bear with me or just skip this entry altogether. 

I saw THIS POST this morning over at Coco Rose and instantly had a bad case of yarn envy.  It looks so beautiful and soft!  But no more yarn for me until I get rid of a bunch of what I’ve got, if for no other reason than I just have no more room!

But to be honest, I’ve really been burned out on crochet lately.  I know!  Blaspheme!  I’m having a hard time getting excited about anything crochet lately.  But this too shall pass, I’m sure of it.  I’m going to blame it on January.  January is just a boring, boring month.  Sorry, January, but I’ll be glad to see you gone.

On the bright side of things, I have been eating well and walking regularly this past week.  I know it’s just a week, but it’s a start and I’m feeling very motivated!  I really never thought I’d have it in me again to get myself in order, lose a little weight, and just get healthier.  But here I am doing it, and it’s not that hard.  There comes a point where the physical suffering from not eating well and not moving one bit becomes harder than doing something about it. (I think the effects of that are worse the older you get.)  So that’s where I am, and lo and behold, it feels good!

I hope not to bore you with it too much in the coming weeks.  This is NOT going to become a weight-loss blog or anything like that.  You’ll probably just notice a few more recipes (healthy ones for a change!), and maybe more outdoor pictures. 

Obviously, with the 70+ degree weather around here lately, we are not going to have a winter in Texas this year.  for those of you actually having a winter, I’m really enjoying seeing the snowy pictures on some of your blogs lately.  Keep ‘em coming!

Enough yacking…I’m outta here!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I was as motivated as you. And I made a promise to myself to not buy any more yarn because I have way too much already!! I've got to get the stash under control.

    Lucky you and the nice weather! It's been dreary and wet here for the past 3/4 days. I'm ready for some sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go sister! I feel the same about January and crochet...I got nothing...No motivation. Hopefully next month will change...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checked on the Coco Diaries . . the yarn is nice BUT, the pictures at the top of the page are STUNNING! I always wish I could find those exact colors to use in everything I do :0}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that yarn is gorgeous. I got a serious case of yarn envy just looking at it too!

    So glad to hear you are staying motivated. I am with you, I got tired of not feeling good and knew it was time to make a change. I have lost 22 pounds so far! The app that I use on my iPhone really helps keep me going (myfitnesspal) if you want to check it out.
    A good place for recipes I have found is skinnytaste.com. She re-makes things to have fewer calories, and so far everything I have tried has been delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're trying to eat less and move more.. thinking of getting a WII.. I haven't lost my crochet juju.. I'm making a teddy bear for my granddaughters and now the 4 grandsons want one each.. so I'll be busy with those for a while. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In some ways I understand. January is always a grey cloudy month for me (not just weather either). I have been having new health issues (on top of the old ones) so healthier eating is going on here too. But I am crocheting more, it's my escape. Bright colors and promises of decorating a new home keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about Ollie. Hope the little one is up and running very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥