Monday, January 30, 2012

Salsa Recipe & Stuff

IMG_0170

Easy Blender Salsa

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and followed the link and made some.  It’s really good!  It made about 1 1/2 pints.  Recipe Credit:  http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2012/01/quick-and-easy-salsa/

 

EASY BLENDER SALSA

 

1- 14 oz can Diced Tomatoes

1- 10 oz can Original Rotel

1/2 small Onion, roughly chopped

1 clove Garlic, peeled and smashed

1/2-1 Jalapeno, seeded or not

1 teaspoon honey

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

Small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed

Juice of 1 lime

 

Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos.

multistars divider

Shitty Phone Camera Picture Alert

IMG_0173

I saw this afghan on Ravelry.  I think it looks so pretty and would be SUPER-EASY to make because you wouldn’t have any color changes in each square.  I counted the squares and it’s 13 x 17 squares = 221 squares.  (I cut that part off in the pic of my document I made)  They’re not regular granny squares, but regular ones would work.  These have a circle in the middle which you can’t see in the above pic.  She didn’t give a link to the pattern she used.  Anyway, I’m filing it away for future use.  I’m all about SUPER-EASY these days.

heartDivider23

IMG_0181

Ollie is doing just fine.  He gets a new crocheted cast cover about every other day.  Hee-hee.  Any excuse, right?  It really does help to keep him from chewing on it and keeps it clean.  I’m sure I’ll get sick of making them and start washing and rotating them, but for now, I’m happy to do it.  It makes me feel like I’m helping him in a small way.

You’d be shocked to see how FAST he can get around on three legs!  It’s amazing!  I must get y’all some video to watch.  I’ll try to do that today or tomorrow since the Captain is off and can help me corral him.  He wants to play with the other dogs so badly.  I feel sorry for him.  But he does play all by himself just fine.  You can see his toys in his pen in the pictures above and below.  They’re actually baby toys, but they are more well-made than the dog toys I’ve seen.

IMG_0182

feet

DON’T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVE-AWAY!

Comment HERE by Wednesday at midnight to enter.

7 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks for the update! Yep, my girly was really fast on 3 legs. I was amazed too. Sometimes I think she was faster on 3 than 4. :o) I feel so bad for the little fella. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this afghan also. Hope Ollie feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Ollie is doing Ok! Hopefully he'll be around on 4 legs before you know it and you'll be chasing him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salsa looks might good and good for us too. Yes, fill that one away close at hand, I'm sure I'll be asking for it...he-he... You are also the best mommy I know, making the Ol's a new cover all the time. What the heck I think you just might have the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that Ollie is coming along so well. When does he get his cast off? I also love the design of that blanket.. it looks like a stained glass window! Thanks for sharing it with us. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A former collegue had a dog who jumped out of her car, broke a leg and it had to be amputated. B}COby was the fasted thing on 3 legs I had ever seen. He kept up with his 4 legged sibling quite well.

    Hope the leg is healing well for your sake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your salsa looks really good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I hope Ollie heals quickly. I'm sure he is enjoying all the loving attention you and the Captain are giving him. Have a great day Pammy Sue. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥