Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Had a Bad Day

I woke up all weepy and feeling sorry for myself  So I said to myself, “Self, pull up your bootstraps and get out of the house.  You’ll feel better!”

Um, yeah.  Not so much…

photo (2)

I ran into a @#$%^! cart return cage in the parking lot of Target and scraped down the ENTIRE side of our one month-old car!!  GAH!!!  The above picture was taken before I washed it off to see how bad it was.

photo (3)

This picture is just a portion of it after I washed off the dirt.  (It rained recently that’s why it was so dirty.  Really!)  You can still see how gigantic the scrape is.  It’s about 3 inches wide and 7+ feet down the side of the car across both doors.

I can’t believe I did something that damn dumb.  Oh wait.  Yes I can.

13 comments:

  1. Go take a nice long hot bath and pour yourself a glass of vino. You deserve it poor gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you are home safe and sound for the evening . . . some days just suck form start to finish and there's nothing you can do but survive, sleep and have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like something my daughter would do....wait she did that WITH ANOTHER CAR!!! I agree hot bath and maybe a blackberry merlot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really sucks to do that to a new car. But on the bright side..it is only a thing and you will have other cars. Yep gotta agree with the previous post..go have some vino..hugs, Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have good insurance Pammy- as for yourself it's done, so quit kicking yourself and go do whatever makes you feel better. Crochet or tea or cuddle with the dogs.

    I've done stupider things I won't mention here. Once they happen you can't undo them, just do the best you can to handle them.

    Tomorrow WILL be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear.. I'm sorry that happened and to a new car. My dear hubby was playing with his new tractor during a snow last year and t-boned the back of my car with the fork and took out my back up sensors, the bumper and some fender damage. Sux. Hugs. T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just remember, Pammy Sue: Bad days make the good days seem that much sweeter! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh crap!!! I am sorry!!! looks like it may buff out? I hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have had similar days - so don't worry you aren't alone. Just recently someone scraped the side of our car. We opted for the cheaper fix at our auto repair place and it looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CRAP.....I'm like you....I would still be venting! I hate dings and I hate rattles in my car! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww bummer! I'd be tee totally pissed at myself if I did that. I am being super cautious about where and how I park in parking lots now because I have a new car. I didn't care (well I did but not as much)about my old car because it had dings and such from non respectful people. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥