Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Follow-Ups

011

I made some more progress on my Round Ripple last night.  It’s bigger than it looks in this picture.  It measures approx. 40 inches tip to tip.  I may make it a little bigger and add more rounds than the pattern calls for.  The pattern says the finished afghan will be about 52 inches across.  I want mine bigger than that.  OR…

I may just end it at 52 inches and start a new one!  And now that I think about it, I think that’s exactly what I’ll do.  I may even give one of them away to a Follower.  Stay tuned!  As you may have noticed, I love having giveaways on my blog.

**************************

The Café Rio Shredded Beef turned out great!  The beef was so juicy and not dry at all.  The last roast I made in my crockpot was really dry.  (I threw that recipe away and didn’t share it with you.  It was one from the Food Network.)  This one, however, is a keeper.  I will definitely make it again.  We had the shredded beef tacos made with it.

008

These soft tacos were so good!

(Recipe in yesterday’s entry)

***********************

I’m going to leave the house and do some leisurely shopping today while my housekeeper is here cleaning.  I usually just hide in my room with the dogs after she finishes cleaning in there, but I don’t feel like being cooped-up today.  I’m going to get out and do a little window shopping, mostly for a little exercise and fresh air.  I really have to get out of this house more!  I’m such a hermit.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Love you!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! You have come a long way on the blanket. AND the tacos sure look good.

    Thank you, Pam, for your sweet comments last night. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afghan is gorgeous and tacos look goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in your round ripple! I will definitely have to try the beef recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors Pammy Sue! And the tacos look very good too. MMM..now you're making me hungry over here! lol

    I haven't even started on the ripple. I actually have two orders for dolls, can you believe it?? And I want to get more hats made to sell and one of my best friends in FL's birthday is February 22nd and I'm going to try to make her some Angry Birds. HAHA...we'll see how that sh** goes. Geeze...why can't I be a lady of leisure instead of having to work my life away??? lol (If I was my butt would be pasted to the chair with a hook in my hand!)I hermit like you do, and truthfully that suits me just fine too. Hope you had a wonderful day!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Round Ripple looks fantastic! (And so do the tacos... yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same thought process with myself over making my RR bigger or just starting a new one! I have about 6 color combinations in my head already so I think I better stop when the pattern tells me to and start something new :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking of just stopping mine where it is and starting a new one now that I have the jest of it... I love the pattern.... and love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Pammy! Shop your heart out! I lost my housekeeper several months ago and haven't found anyone yet- the place is a mess because I barely have time to pick up much less clean the whole house. Even Hubby has started cleaning- guess he gets tired of looking at it!

    Michaels is having a sale next week- heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your like everytime you post.. just want to say that i love your crochet.. I crochet also and want to learn how to knit. the afghan is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that circle ripple is jaw-dropping pretty with that gorgeous turquoise! I love turq. We had a housekeeper too, but we decided to let her go when she said she was going to raise her prices and couldn't do the upstairs any more. More money for less? Nah. I bet you'll end up bringing home something from your window shopping! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm up but groggy. OK, good to know size wise. Now, you've done it. That's what I want for dinner. Looks great. Hey, did you get a new camera, these pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blanket! I love the star inspired ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The round ripple is coming along well and I LOVE those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the ripple..I am only 60" tall so I think you should make it that big..just in case!! LOL..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥