Friday, January 20, 2012

Fabulous Baked Chicken Fajitas

This is a GREAT recipe!  It was so easy too…

003

Before Baking

This is a one-dish meal.  Just chop and throw everything together in your sprayed baking pan.  Mix well with your hands, throw it in the oven, and 25 minutes later, you’ve got a healthy meal!

007

After Baking

We didn’t use cheese or sour cream or anything fatty on these and didn’t miss it at all.  The Captain made some fresh pico de gallo to put on top after we wrapped them in our warm tortillas.

I only used two chicken breasts, about half of an onion, and 2/3 of a green pepper, and I substituted olive oil for the vegetable oil. 

HERE is the recipe.  I highly recommend it.  No muss, no fuss, and it couldn’t have been better.

(Pico de gallo:  Chopped fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, a little salt, and a squeeze of lime)

**************************

I haven’t worked on my round ripple in several days.  I need to get busy and finish the last 8 rows.  I did go to Hobby Lobby and get two more skeins of turquoise to finish with.  I’ll be finished soon!

If you haven’t been to the RR Flickr Group Page recently, there is a finished one posted, and there are several more in different colors in-progress.

***************************

It’s 78 degrees here in sunny Texas!

Have a great weekend…

8 comments:

  1. I love chicken fajitas, I usually fix them in the summer though when I can get the vandalia onions. Yours look really good. I like the casserole dish too. Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you'll be able to get it fixed without any hassles. Enjoy your weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious but to get my redneck hubby to eat something like this is another story! Weather sounds great! I love warm weather! Your luck with your car sounds like something I would do :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good... love fajitas but have to scrounge to find time to cook at home. Will file the recipe.

    Glad to see you having a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 degrees with snow on the ground, but not falling, here.

    By the way, where did you get the picture of the door? It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 degrees with snow on the ground, but not falling, here.

    By the way, where did you get the picture of the door? It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delish!!! Weather has been crazy all over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your meal looks delish and healthy! Man, I'm jealous of your weather. We're having freezing rain and flooding here in Oregon. Ugh. Can't wait til Spring. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great and even better that it's healthy too. I love that RED casserole too... of course...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥