Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ollie’s New Sweater

I spent the afternoon making Ollie a new sweater.  You can’t really see any details because it’s so black, but it does look cute on him.

DSCF5644I intended to make it multi and black, but I got so involved in the pattern that I forgot to change colors until it was too late.  I wasn’t going to rip out several rows just so I could add a color.  It looks great in all black in person.

DSCF5655  DSCF5650  DSCF5653

Thanks to SHARON for the pattern link and video how-to.  I had to make a few alterations to the pattern.  For one thing, his chest size was 14 inches, and the pattern jumped from 10 inches to 16 inches.  I used hook sizes G & H and altered the number of stitches and rows the pattern called for.  I’d just stop and fit it around him every now and then to see how much bigger or smaller I needed it.  It’s a cute pattern, but it’s very hard to follow and understand.

I have to get up and let The Captain sit at my computer and hook up my new printer.  I broke mine today.  I laid my headphones on my printer and the cord ran through the printer where the paper feeds in.  GAH.  It was a mess.  He worked for over an hour trying to get the cord out without ruining my headphones, and because they are BOZE that I use for my work and are expensive, I didn’t want him to ruin them.  A new printer was cheaper!  He ended up banging the crap out of it with a big hammer & crow bar trying to take it apart.

P.S. Glad y’all liked the videos.  Maybe I’ll do more of them because it was fun for me even though it makes me cringe to see and hear myself.

8 comments:

  1. Aaawww what a handsome little fella and so smart in his new coat. You did an excellent job - must go to the link and check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute sweater.. I bet Ollie needs one being short-haired and all. My dog has a pretty good coat of his own.. I've thought of making him a sweater just for the fun of it. I got a huge kick out of your Bose headphone vs. the printer vs. the Captain. Cap won! What a hoot!!
    ****************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ollie looks dashing in his black sweater! He's a lucky fella to have such a talented Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute!!!!! Merry Christmas!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ollies sweater adorable. I bet he gets chilly.
    I remember the whole headphones thing. Good luck with that! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it would only take you are few sec's to whip up this sweater for the 3.7 lbs. Love the choice of black on white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ollie looks adorable in his new black sweater! I have a Bose pair of headphones too and they are expensive. But great sound. I'm surprised I haven't done something like this too. Probably the only reason I haven't is because our WiFi printer is in the basement and my laptop is in the kitchen. LOL! Hubby took my laptop to the Apple Store to get a new battery and they told him my hard drive was ready to die too. Luckily it wasn't too expensive to replace. Finished baking my sugar cookies today...will frost them tomorrow. I found some more Christmas decorations to put out. Slowly it gets done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥