Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lunch at Heritage Ranch

We met my parents for lunch at the Heritage Ranch Clubhouse in the community where they live yesterday.  It’s about 3 miles from our house…

DSCF5796 

DSCF5797

They live in an “Active Seniors Community”

This is part of the front gates as you enter.

It’s a gated community with 24-hour security guards at the entrance.

DSCF5786

It was a beautiful day today and the golfers were out in force.

DSCF5784

This is the lobby of the clubhouse.

DSCF5790

DSCF5789

DSCF5794

My mom & dad as they arrived.

DSCF5788

They still had all of their Christmas decor out.

It’s a really nice place.

And it’s nice to have my parents close and know they are in a secure place.

******************************

Me?  I’m still hobbling around and popping pain pills.  I had some left from the neck problems last month.  I hope they last until this resolves itself.  I only take one a day because they make me really nauseous, so I wait until I can’t stand it another minute, eat something, and take one.  Kat asked in my comments if I thought cleaning the porch the other day might have been how I injured my back.  I can’t believe I didn’t remember that!  I’m sure that’s exactly what it was because it started the very next day and that porch furniture is heavy.  Well, DUH, Pam!  That’ll teach me to clean! 

DSCF5801

Still working on that border and trying to decide exactly what I’m going to do for sure.  I’m on my last round of black sc stitches before I have to decide.

****************************

Susie, your package was mailed yesterday!

I’m so excited that my depression glass will be living in the UK now.

**Insert long rant about how the U.S. Postal Service sucks**

I’ll spare you the actual rant.

But it’s no wonder they’re having money troubles.

They deserve it!

*****************************

DSCF5783

It was dinnertime when I snapped this picture.

They were impatiently waiting.

Did you know dogs can tell time?

They can!

And very accurately, I might add.

They know exactly when it’s time to eat.

*************************

We’re dealing with computer/modem problems.

The Captain has gone to buy a new modem.

Wish us luck.

9 comments:

  1. Look at that blue sky, fantastic. Looks like a really nice community where your "Ps" live. I can't wait to see your blanket all bordered up. It's going to be a winner, I can tell already. Good luck with the computer probs, I know the Captain will be taking good care of you. Fingers crossed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the back issues resolve themselves soon. I know how miserable that can be. Poor Pam!

    Great pictures of your parents and their lovely surroundings. It really IS nice they are so close by.

    Happy New Year (soon)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place where your folks live. Love the clubhouse! My golfer-husband was out on the course yesterday too. It was gorgeous here. I hope your aching back is better soon so you can get up and make those enchiladas!
    Yes, my dog can tell time too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pammy!

    I just love that fireplace! It looks like the one we have here in a restuarant called " TumbleWeed"...

    And those cute dogs are sitting in one of Sissy's favorite spot!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, that looks like a lovely place for your parents to live. It's so nice that you don't have to worry about them and that they live so close to you. We're having such nice days here too and I don't want to work at all, I just want to go play outside. Hope your back is feeling much better today and you don't have to take any more meds. Feel better, 'k?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know dogs can tell time. Every day I am home they decide at 3pm that it is dinner time. I don't know where they get this from since I am usually not home until after 5 or 6pm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:50 PM

    one last story to tell u bout today that just came to mind....call me tomorrow.....BP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking place your parents live in - nice pic of them too. Sorry you're still not feeling well. As for dogs being able to tell the time, I totally agree - ours know exactly when its 7am. As for the cat, I think her clock is stuck as she rattles her dish all day long hoping for some more cat biscuits - and she gets them just to shut her up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok...where's the little white one?? Need some Ollie love too!! :o) I do things like you do and pay for it later. Did that today vacuuming....pulled my lower back. Yes dear, it does suck getting old. And I need to get outside and rake and burn a whole yard full of leaves. Yuk. Maybe next weekend. They're certainly not going anywhere. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥