Monday, December 26, 2011

I’m a Cripple

Well…

I’ve been hobbling around like a 90-year-old today when I’m up, but most of the day has been spent flat on my back with my knees up on pillows.

*SIGH*

I really hate complaining here,  but it is what it is.  That’s what’s happening so that’s what I write.  I’ll spare you the whiney details, but it’s really nothing new with my lower back and left leg/hip, just more severe than it has been in a long time.  I had surgery back in 2002, and I’ve been lucky not to have any major problems since.  I’m hoping it’s just aggravated and inflamed and will calm down soon…kind of like my neck did a few weeks ago.  Why is it ALWAYS something?

************************

My Giveaway winner has contacted me with her address.   Congratulations again to Susie, and thank you all for playing, reading, and commenting.

I had hoped to get all my Christmas decorations put up today.  I don’t have that much stuff out so it shouldn’t take long once I can actually get up and do it.  Another Christmas come and gone all ready.

Teresa, my husband took that picture in my last post.  I called him in to the living room to take it because I thought it would make a neat picture.  He likes to take pictures and help me with my blog when I ask. 

For those who asked, here is the link for the Jello Salad recipe and instructions I used again:  12-Layer Jello

Ramen noodle soup with garlic, cilantro, and lime for my dinner tonight.  The Captain is working until well after dinnertime so no cooking for me.

The weather is supposed to be warming up each day this week until we reach of high of 68 degrees on Friday.  I should have a few days of good bicycle-riding weather if I’m able, and I’m looking forward to that.

That’s it from me today.  Y’all have a good evening.

9 comments:

  1. Oh no Pammy....I hope your back is better soon!!!! Ouch. My brother was in a bad way last night with his. He threw it out just be getting out of his car the other day. He does this about once a year.
    OUCH!!!!
    Take it easy!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durn it, Pammy Sue. I don't like hearing that you're in pain. I'm sorry! ::pat pat:: Thanks for explaining how you got that magic picture.. and here I thought you had 3 hands. LOL!! You get better so you can ride that pretty bike.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get healthy, crippple . . each morning when I get up I walk like the old man character that Tim Conway played on Carol Burnett's show. Wouldn't be so bad except I'm upstairs and the bathroom is downstairs . . so ittakes more maneuvering some days than others. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. well thats no good! Get some puppy loving and take it easy Girl! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pammy take it easy for a few days!! We like you better up and around and able. And not hurting.

    Crochet a bit if you can and make the captain spoil you when he gets home. Good positions for doggie cuddling too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh you poor thing .. I can relate and sympathize with you - its not fun. I also have a bad back and two dodgy hips one of which I was supposed to have replaced about 2 yrs ago but haven't got the courage as yet. Take care and I do hope things improve very quickly so you can return to your happy self asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch - really sorry to hear you are in pain. I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your back. I have the same problem about twice a year and I just go down. I went through Physical Therapy for mine a few years ago and they told me to do crunches to strengthen my abs to keep them strong to support the lower back, (after it quit hurting of course.) But...I HATE doing crunches so it is one of those things I know I should do but I don't. I'm stubborn that way. Take care of yourself and I hope you are up and about soon.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥