Thursday, December 08, 2011

I Killed Them

probiotics

You little harry guys please forgive me.

So…the doc appointment went well and I really love the doctor.  Nothing to report HRT-wise because I only have the blood drawn yesterday.  I go back a week from today for the results and to get started.  She said she would not be surprised if I come back for my second appointment after starting the treatment and tell her I’m 80 percent better.  Wow.  Wouldn’t that be nice?

However, the other lingering problems I’ve been having she believes are caused by the 10 days of antibiotics I took to get over the CRUD.  It killed all the good bacteria as well as the bad, and that’s causing my nausea and shitty britches.  She gave me some probiotics so I should be on my way to being well in no time.  Yipee.

Note:  To read more about probiotics and it’s possible benefits to your mood, read HERE.

I’m about to bundle up and go ride my bike for the first time.  Cross your fingers that I don’t come back with a skinned knee or something.  Ha-ha.  I’m sure I’ll be fine.

*Updated*

DSCF5484

Here’s a better picture of my bike.  Can you see the basket on the front this time?  It was hard to see in last picture I took and someone had mentioned that I needed to get one.  Well, I have one and fully intend for Ollie to be my biking partner.  Little Boy used to ride with me all the time.

I’m back only after about 10 minutes of riding.  Dang…it’s dad-gum hard to ride a bike when you’re 51 years old and out of shape.  It’s especially hard on the arse.  I need to get The Captain to adjust my seat a little higher when he gets home.  Or maybe I’ll just get all ambitious and do it….NAH!

If it’s not too windy tomorrow, I’ll remember my camera and also stick Ollie in the basket with a little blanket and see what he thinks after a ride around the block.

It was FUN.

11 comments:

  1. Yep, I"m 54 years old and out of shape! Very out of shape. I hope Ollie likes it. That would be just too cool.

    On another note...took Leo to the vet yesterday. They think he's got an abscessed tooth. 2 meds and goop for his eye. His eye was a lot better this morning before I left for work. If he does have an abscess he'll be getting it pulled right before we go to FL for Christmas. :o( Poor baby. He was bushed after the vet visit. Slept the rest of the day in my bed. The hump on his snout had gone down a bit. He also has a pea sized lump on his upper gum. Maybe he'll let me look at it when I get home today to see if it's gone down. I hate when the babies are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a vision of the witch from the wizard of Oz with Ollie in the basket..oh my!! made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep the witch in the wizard of Oz came to mind when you said that you and Ollie are going bike riding..LOL..made me laugh so hard..I think I already posted so ignore this one if I did..lol..one of those days..

    ReplyDelete
  4. probiotics are awesome. I immediately start them if I have any kind of antibiotic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are on the mend soon Pammy Sue. I don't know anything about HRT, so I haven't commented, but I'm sure you will work out a good plan with your doctor. Bike riding is a lot of fun, enjoy yours. :-) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl. 12 minutes tomorrow. Glad to see you are on the mends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're doing better :)

    BTW, for hot flashes Black Cohosh Root is supposed to help. I've got it but could never remember to use it! Now the hot flashes have been gone for a month now. Oh well. MMaybe next time I'll remember.
    Also, take extra Vit. C and take 5,000iu of Vit D3 daily! D3 will greatly improve your mood :):):) Believe me, I KNOW.

    :) Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was on a strong, long antibiotic "diet" the dr told me to eat a carton of "Live, active" yogurt at least once, if not twice a day. He said that would help get the good bacteria back into my body . . . seemed to help because I got better when I started on the yogurt twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be better if you're riding your bike and planning a longer trip tomorrow! Good for you! Sounds like she's a good doctor.. awesome!!
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh Pam...I have a beach cruiser with a basket that is as cute as all get out, but I hate to pedal uphill! Glad the doc got you all fixed up!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same thing happened to me once years ago...antibiotics killed the "good stuff" and made me sicker than I was. Dr had me eat yogurt and I hate the stuff. Cute bike. I like your new blog look...easy to read and just a nice, clean look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥