Saturday, December 17, 2011

The HRT Verdict

Looks familiar…

1.  I’m not menopausal.  Estrogen is fine.  (TMI for the www?  Who cares!  Not me.)

2.  Low, low progesterone.  The imbalance between this and the estrogen creates problems even though you may not be in menopause.  You need to have a good level of each.

3.  Almost non-existent Testosterone.

4.  Low Vitamin D even though I all ready take a high dose of 4,000 mg/day.  Did you know Vitamin D is actually a hormone?  I didn’t.  I’m either not absorbing it well or I’m using a cheap brand that doesn’t have as much as it says it does.  I was using a cheap brand from Walmart so I got a different brand (from the doc).  We’ll see if it makes a difference.

5. All of these things add up to sleep disturbances, hot flashes, achy joints, mood swings, forgetfulness, and other menopausal symptoms.

6.  Progesterone pills (lower dose building up to a higher dose after a week).

7.  Testosterone gel.  I would tell you more about this and exactly where I have to rub it, but it would attract all kinds of perverts from the Internet so I’ll just leave it to your imagination.  When she instructed me exactly where to put it I said, “No wonder it raises your libido!”  We both laughed.  The instructions that came from the pharmacy said to rub it on the inside of your wrists.  I don’t know why she instructs you otherwise, but whatever.  I’m game.  LOL.

8.  Higher dose of Vitamin D.

9.  I SO can’t wait for it to all kick-in.  I forgot to ask how long that would take to notice a difference.

10.  Recheck in 2 months for any medication/supplement adjustments.

9 comments:

  1. I am not so sure what to say!! LOL..I think I will just say Hi, and I dropped by..and leave it at that..Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all this works like you hope and you're all better!! I'm glad you found such a wonderful doctor!! That's the most important thing!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are on the right track. I have heard, read about most and tried a few. But, didn't know about Vitamin D. Let's what food contain that, I'm thinking not Christmas Cookies. We will keep our fingers crossed. Most of what's going on is par for the course, which I guess is good new, right....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope it works for you, Pam. Those hot flashes, etc. are the absolute pits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep forgetting to tell you how much I like your "wiggle butt." It is always the 1st thing I see when your blog loads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pammy, I read everything you sent me, cover to cover. I too have hear Suzanne's books are good, but a bit out there. I did take permarin, for a year or so. I also tried the patch. Testosterone was great for libido, but...who wants a full beard? AGH!!!
    So, I quite all meds, and have suffered terribly for 10 years now. I am sick of it. I am LOVING the natural yam cream, and it is helping my flashes so much!!! After reading your materials, and doing some research, I feel like it is fine to use it. I hope you find relief soon, because I know exactly how you feel.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this quote and immediately thought of you...
    "It's not a Hot Flash its just a little summer vacation you take by yourself."
    Don't know who wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! Woman! What a nightmare you were having. Thank goodness for doctors that know what to do & try! I've been on vitamin D for over a year now. Started me out taking a prescribed D, then 1000 gr a day, everyday. Big, big difference in my life. It shouldn't take very long before you feel better, really!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to laugh at the cartoon. That is our house right now!!! LOL! My husband does not understand why I don't want the heat on just yet. I don't have any of the other symptoms but this is all very good information to know. Lord knows the roller coaster is coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥