Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bead Curtains

imagejpeg_2_11 OMG…

Could she be any cuter?

I think not.

Hee-Hee.

Her Peepers (me) is so proud.

 

************************

Okay, so I’m making the 12-Layer Jello Salad today.  First layer is in the fridge.

Yesterday did not go as planned and I wasn’t home all day.  I did put a pork roast in the crock pot at about noon.  HERE is the recipe I used.  The shredded pork is to die for, however, because I left it cooking too long (about 7.5 hours on low), the sauce scorched a little and it ruined the taste of the sauce.  That is going in the garbage and a bottle of BBQ sauce from the pantry is being used.  Darn it.  But I will definitely use this recipe again when I can be home to monitor what’s happening in the crock and prevent it from burning.  In my opinion, it needs a little water added to the recipe so it’s not so thick.  Anyway, the pork is great and will provide several lunches and dinners for The Captain and me over the holiday weekend.

DSCF5673 I don’t know how well you can see these beads I hung in the doorway to our bedroom, but I think I like them.  I used to have a drape hanging from a decorative rod and swooped to one side.  I got sick of that (and it never did look exactly like it was supposed to anyway), and I decided to try some beads.  They look nice and neat…and a little bohemian but not too much.

DSCF5669 Here’s what it looks like from inside the bedroom.

Our bedroom door leads right out into the living room so I like some kind of privacy there instead of it being wide open all the time.  You can still shut the door since they are hung on the outside of the doorway.

DSCF5700 I need to paint the door frame and door a darker color still.  The white is really too much of a contrast with the woodiness of the floors and beads.  Agreed?  I’ll tackle that after the first of the year if I decide to keep them.  I wish I could get a better picture of how they look, but I tried and failed.  That last picture is really crappy.  And the wall colors in my bedroom and living room are not showing up accurately either in these photos.  Hmpf.

And what is up with those light switches?  They are so tacky-looking.  (See the first photo.)  Why have I never noticed them before until I saw that picture?  I need to go to Lowe’s and find some nice switch plates.

***************************

I’m off to add another layer of color to my Jello.  Why do I have a feeling mine is not going to look as good as those photos from yesterday?  I’m making mine in a Bundt pan like the first photo in yesterday’s entry.

8 comments:

  1. Harper is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beads . . I am one who HATES to have any doors closed in my house . . but the beads allow you to have a little bit of a mess and no prying eyes . . PLUS, the fur babies can move in and out at will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, cutest little Harper! Love the jello layers, your pics are so inspiring and I want some jello now. Looking forward to seeing yours and then let us know any tips you found and if it's as easy as it looks. Do you remember "Jello-123"? It went into layers all by itself. It was pretty cool but must have been poisonous (red dye #2 anyone??) since it's off the market now for years.

    I like the beads. Pics sometimes don't look right, it happens to me all the time. I guess that's why pic taking is considered an art form. My mom lives at the beach and she has a doorway from the kitchen to her tiny library/home office space and she removed the door and hung a curtain made from small seashells. It's like a beaded one where they are all long strands but it's only made of seashells (very beachy).

    Can't wait to see your mystery project! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just beautiful! I mean, Gerber baby cute!! Love the Boho look of the beads!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper is so ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That baby is so cute I bet you could just kiss and cuddle her for EVER! She looks nicely spoiled, surrounded with soft cute things.
    I love the bead curtains.. reminds me of the 60s! And I lived them for reals!
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harper is beautiful! Love the beads and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a doll she is! It must be hard to keep your hands off of her, sweet baby. I like the beads. Those of us who grew up in the "hippie" generation know all about beads and also macrame'. That jello pic from the other day is so eye catching. Would it be possible to even have it come out as pretty as the pic for me, doubtful, but worth a try. Maybe I will get energetic and try it for New Years. Thank you for sharing. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥