Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lots of Good Stuff

DSCF5133 Working on a pillow just like Kate’s.  Just three more rows of greens on this side and I’ll start the other side.  It took longer than I thought it would.  I worked on it all day yesterday.  This is the Stylecraft yarn that is more of a DK weight or sport weight.

Will someone please answer this question for me?  Does the DK in “DK weight” stand for double knit?  I know this Stylecraft yarn is double knit, but I’m just wondering if that’s what that means or if you can have double knit that’s another weight too?  I just want to know.  It bugs me.

Also…

DSCF5118

Some Blue Granny progress.

********************

Here is something I saw in a business document this morning that I felt compelled to share for whatever reason:

To Realize The Value of Time...

(Author unknown)

To realize the value of one year:
     Ask a student who has failed a final exam.

To realize the value of one month:
     Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realize the value of one week:
     Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize the value of one hour:
     Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.

To realize the value of one minute:
     Ask the person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize the value of one second:
     Ask a person who has survived an accident.

To realize the value of one millisecond:
     Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.

***************************

AND…

DSCF5104

He’s getting to be such a big boy.

DSCF5097

Hee-hee

DSCF5085

Take my picture too, Momma

DSCF5087

Brotherly love

**********************

DSCF5066

Snowdrifts

DSCF5068

I’m just showing you the details.  I can’t help it if you can click on it and then print it, can I?  Heh-heh.  WHAT?

DSCF5129 Have you seen this at your grocery store?

YUM.

DSCF5130

My breakfast this morning.

DSCF5124

The Captain made dinner last night.

DSCF5126

Maple Bacon-Wrapped Hotdogs

Heart Attack City

But so freakin’ good!

DSCF5095

Look at my neighbor’s Oak tree.

The leaves are turning.

***********************

Gotta run.  The Captain is home and bugging me to take a shower and get dolled-up so we can go out and eat lunch.  He wants a steak.  I’m hoping our son is able to meet us so we can buy him a congratulatory steak for becoming a Daddy.  He’s so proud.

Shaun & Harper 11_15_11 

Bye now.

Y’all come back, ya hear?

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy Sue, Yes D.K. does stand for double knit which is the same as your sports weight, although I find that the Stylecraft is finer than usual D.K. We have 3ply and 4ply, which is suitable for baby shawls and fine work, then D.K., then Aran, which is equivalent to your Worsted Weight and then Chunky, which I think would be the same as your Bulky weight.
    Hope this helps.

    Best wishes from the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep DK is double knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon wrapped hot dogs!!! they are yummy! but here's what i do, smother them in bbq sauce before you bake them. Takes the yum to a whole nuther level!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the last pic of the new daddy and his beautiful daughter. Very handsome son you have there, Pam. OK, I'm starving and all the food looks so freakin' good right now. Hope ya go to meet up and enjoyed the steaks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sweetie, isn't that a fun pattern to work. It does go along quickly too. It's cool when you get to the other side and come back down the rainbow. Amazing how it changes it up. I think this DK stuff is different over there than here. It's much lighter.

    So, much going on here today. Where to begin. I really really want that snowflake pattern. I'll try to print. Still loven' your grannie in blue, please don't put it in the closet.

    Dogs, OK, I know who they are.

    Pumpkin Butter, just added to the list.

    Your son with Harper, PRICELESS.

    Back to my next idea, it's coming along. And I know you will have enough yarn left to handle this one too.

    Toodles,
    you know who

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knittingbelle From Ravelry2:25 PM

    That is without a doubt the cutest little baby on the planet! :)

    Love your latest work....I always love seeing the cool things you make.

    I found this to answer your question about dk (double knitting) weight yarn:

    http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=88945

    Ok, so you refuse to learn to knit, but you'll use the yarn...that's cool...baby steps! :)

    Blessings all around to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy Sue! Great post! Starting at the bottom, your son and his daughter.. a priceless photo! He's so handsome and she looks JUST like him! CUTE!

    I hope he got to be treated to a steak lunch. I've never had a bacon wrapped hotdog.. now I want to try it!

    Love that little white doggie.. I could just cuddle him. And the crochet.. that's neat you and Kate will have a matching pillow. I'm using the Stylecraft on my ripple - it *is* lighter, but I like it anyway.

    What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin Spice . . . looks good . . will have to check it out.

    But, it doesn't look as good as Harper and her smilin' Daddy. Can you even believe you son is a Dad? I'll bet that blows your mind since you are, wgat? 11, 12 at the oldest ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The proud daddy and his little girl look so sweet. The pumpkin spread sounds delicious. I always look forward to this time of the year when pumpkin flavored cappuccino is available at gas stations. Your little white fur baby is adorable. My little ones aren't as slim and trim--they're little butter balls since they've been fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, two big lads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh there she is! How beautiful!! I know you will enjoy her so much Pammy Sue.

    I love Pumpkin butter. And I just bought some Nutella. OMG. It's good just on a spoon. :o)

    I'm glad to see Eli good with the little one...I was worried.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PAMMY!!!!!!
    Hey there Hi there!
    Grandma! And she IS a GIRL! I remember you "feeling" she would be :)
    HAndsome Daddy too! I need to go backwards & try to catch up on old postings to find out details I missed on her birth.
    Dang it...this is what happens when you step away from the BlogWorld..
    Ollie Is precious & I am so glad he seems to have blended well with the rest of the gang.
    Love to you~ & Happy Happy Thanksgiving..Grandma!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥