Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Embellished Tea-Light Jar

DSCF5209

This is the result of three days of planning and calculating and frogging and bead-sizing.  Jeez.  It turned out pretty cute.  The pictures are not great and don’t show the true colors of the beads.

DSCF5214 Here it is in a little bit different light.  At least the blues show up closer to their real color.  The red and cranberry colors look gold in this pic, and the green looks yellow.  In person, the beads and colorful edging yarn are exactly the same colors.  Maybe if I take a picture in the sunshine tomorrow I’ll get a more view of it for you.

DSCF5208I got the inspiration and idea over at Bunny Mummy’s blog.  (Scroll down a ways to see her jar.)  Hers is really pretty and inspired me to try making my own.

DSCF5228 Before & After

************************

I braved a trip to Hobby Lobby today.  The whole shopping center was jam-packed with cars and people.  I almost turned my car around and went home, but I’m glad I didn’t.  Nobody got in my way and I got right up to the checkout counter with no waiting.  How is that possible when it was such a madhouse?  I’m just lucky sometimes.  I think I’ve mention here before that I’m a very lucky girl.   Boon Pappy tells me that all the time.  “Pam, you have fell into a pile of shit so many times and come out smelling like a rose!  It’s amazing!”  Hee-hee.  It’s true.

And speaking of me being lucky…I felt so good today it scared me.  I haven’t felt this well in a month!  Knock-knock-knock on wood.  Do you remember that disco song from the 70s?  Ahh, those were the days.  But I wouldn’t go back there if you paid me.  I was so DUMB and didn’t even know it.  It was fun though.  I would only go back if I could know then what I know now.  (Did that sentence even make sense?)  Anyway, I digress.

I woke up pain-free and have remained that way all day.  I went to Hobby Lobby AND even got my nails done.  Wanna see?  Okay…

DSCF5218 That’s right…

BLOOD RED for the Holidays.

I told her to cut them short and paint them red.  It’s been a long time since I’ve had color.  It was OPI Kennebunkport.  You should hear an Asian lady try to say that.  Hee-hee!  She tried to say it, then laughed at herself and told me to read it.  And her name is “Vicki.”

Um, okay.

**********************

Lookie-Lookie!

DSCF5193

I went to Tuesday Morning last night to buy some new pillows.  I’ve found they have the best quality pillows at FANTASTIC prices.  I thought it might help my neck if I got some new ones because I’ve had trouble getting comfortable at night.  I found these two Laura Ashley pillows marked down to $8.99 each from $20 each.  Yipee!  I grabbed them even though they don’t match.  They’re going to be covered with pillowcases anyway.  I slept like a baby last night!

AND THEN

I spotted these…

DSCF5225

Did I need them?

NO.

Did I snatch them up like they were free diamonds?

YES.

I love them.

Marked down from $10 each to $3.99 each.

Lucky girl.  I told you.

Did I mention I bought some YARN when I was at Hobby Lobby too?  Well, I did.

DSCF5222 You see…I “needed” some new cotton yarn to make some potholders and wash cloths and stuff like that for Christmas gifts.  I thought that would be a good little gift for “Vicki” and the other girls at the nail salon.  As you can see in the picture, they had my favorite peppermint sticks there too.  King Leo Pure Peppermint Sticks.  They always have them around Christmas and I always get a box or two when I go.   Mmm…sugar!

Man, I have been chatty the last couple of days.  I have more to show you, but I’ll save it for later this week.

Time to go watch the Dancing With the Stars finale.  I have moved my support from J.R. to Rob in the last couple of weeks.  J.R. has gotten over-confident and cocky in his dancing.  He will probably win because of his compelling story and amazing attitude, but I’m a sucker for the underdog, and Rob has gone from a complete uncoordinated loser dirt-bag (in my mind) to a really good dancer and man with potential in life.  I think this experience will turn his life around.

Okay, bye!

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better..must be the new pillows. The nails look wonderful too. I should go have mine done, but I end up picking at them and making my fingers sore. Tuesday mornings..one of my favorite shops, and Hobby Lobby, Joann's, Michael's, Knit Wits, and a few online I need not to mention, lest I go there..Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it seems you had a great day. The jar looks excellent and I love the mugs you bought. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post, Pam. I loved all of it and agree with you on everything. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tea light jars look great! What a neat idea. Love those Hobby Lobby yarn colors, can't wait to see what you make with them.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you are feeling better! I badly need a new bed, mattress and pillows. And we don't have Tuesday Mornings!! What is it, a bed and linen shop? I am not getting a new bed until Leo is gone to Rainbow Bridge and I can tear apart my whole bedroom and bathroom and redo them. I do need new pillows though. They would probably do my neck and back good huh? :o)

    Happy Turkey day friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are brave to go to H.L. right before the holidays. I can't believe you got right out. Glad you did and what finds. Fun tea light cover, with bead no less. Good job. Nice nails, great holiday color, but I'll never remember that long name. Have I told you yet just how jealous I am that you have off tomorrow for all the hop-la. Enjoy your pleasant day, take it easy...oh, but I'm sure you will with those new Rockn' pillows.

    Can I make the mash potatoes today or do I have to wait till tomorrow?
    It's Wednesday now, as I'm a day late on catch all my friends postings from yesterday.

    Toodles,
    you know who.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're feeling better! I figured that JR would win. I had similar feelings about Rob, too. He has come a long way. Your candle cozy is cute and when I first saw it I thought it looked like a mini (personal size) cake look-alike. Pretty nails and I hope it doesn't chip on ya. Trip b4 last to Tues. Morn and I got a china cup, too and I'm having coffee out of it right now. OOOOooooooo, yarn. I have to inventory mine and then really get down to business and make some stuff b4 I can buy more! Happy TG to you and yours, Pam. Stay well!! oxox Dr. Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. guess what song is stuck in my head now?
    ♫♫ it's like thunder, lightning... the way you love me its frightening.
    I better knock knock knock on wood baby...
    Knock knock oh yeah!♫♫

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been sleeping better the last few nights too and it really makes a difference. Glad you are feeling better. I like your red nails...very Christmasy. That's a cute crocheted thingy with the beads. I'm still working on my waistcoat...on the edging now. I have to get to Michaels and get more yarn to finish my throw I started before our Florida trip. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I split my piece of pumpkin pie in half tonight so I could eat some later...I hear it calling me. God, I love pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're feeling good.. maybe it's those peppermints? Now I want some! But we don't have Hobby Lobby.. I feel very deprived about that.

    Well, time me to hit the hay and get up and make the magic happen..

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you...all kinds of great stuff to report!!
    Have a great Thanksgiving Pammy!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cups and the pillows. wow great deal...I need to go and get new ones too.,...mine are losing their "umpf"....like the blood red nails too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥