Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New, Old, Helpful, RED, and Bratty

DSCF5331

My new Deborah Norville yarn arrived.

Four balls each of two variegated.

This will make a nice knock-your-eyeballs-out blanket to replace the one that passed away recently.  I also have some solid red and solid black to throw in there with it.

Speaking of blankets passing away…

DSCF5333

This is the blanket I replaced the dead one with.  You will not believe this, but I got it for $2 at a garage sale around the same time I made that other one 12 years ago.  It looked unused.  Not really my colors, but TWO DOLLARS!  This one has also been through the wash & dry cycles at least 100 times over the past decade.  I noticed a hole in it when I put it on the end of the bed this time.  What is happening to all of my blankets?!

**************************

Here is some useful information for a change…

My sister (the nurse) sent me this when I was bemoaning the latest development in my sickness.  It’s definitely TMI so I’ll just leave you with this and will not elaborate (something which I am known to do WAY too much…ha-ha).  I printed it off and put it in the front of my recipe binder.  This is a more detailed version of the B.R.A.T. diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) that I have always referred to.  Thank you, Sister!

The 'Diarrhea Diet'

Just SIP on clear fluids so you don't overload your stomach and intestines with a bunch of fluids all at once.

Avoid carbonated & caffeinated beverages. 

Ok to drink soda if you let it go 'flat'.  You can stir it up in a glass and it goes flat very quickly. 

Ok to nibble on saltines or pretzels while sipping fluids.  The salt helps increase the sodium which is being lost thru the diarrhea. 

Chicken broth is good too.

When you have a decrease in the frequency of diarrhea, acceptable solids are:

· Banana

· Applesauce

· White plain rice or pasta

· White dry toast

· White chicken, no skin

· Chicken Noodle Soup

· Pretzels & Saltines

**********************************

Poor Man’s Christmas Decoration

DSCF5316

A string of Christmas lights in a big jar.

Man, that’s a RED picture.

It really looks kinda cool in real life.

**********************************

And lastly, I will leave you with this:

I put this basket of yarn in my chair to keep the dogs from laying in my chair and ruining the upholstery.

DSCF5314

Yeah, that didn’t work out like I planned.

I would expect a CAT to do this.

But Eli loves the soft yarn from the UK.

DAMMIT!

Who cares about the chair…

GET OFF OF MY YARN!

9 comments:

  1. ROFL@ Eli!!!! Sounds like something my cats would do!!

    They told my grandfather about (and fed him) the BRAT diet years ago when he was in the hospital after surgery. It worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! Darn critters.....ya gotta love em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you with that fancy festive new header. I like, I like, I like. Good job with the collage. I see you are getting quite good with Picasa now. Isn't it fun to play with. Are you going all Red Light District on my this holiday. You crack me up. I'm sure there may be a tiny more to come. I just love Eli all up in your yarn basket, thinking he is the king of England and all. Too fun.

    I'm going to completely skip that B.R.A.T. diet this winter, thank-you very much. That is unless my first BBQ Brisket doesn't settle to well for dinner tonight.

    Is that the Larksfoot pattern I see now on the bed. What are you going to do with your new D.N. yarn my friend?

    Gotta run, another bow is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new header! Very festive! I had a good laugh at your little guy. Mine did the exact same thing the other night. He had a lot of couch space to pick from, but noooooooo, he just wanted to plop his butt in my basket of yarn. They are the funniest little imps, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got such a huge kick out of Eli in the basket of yarn - had to show hubby. I don't think I have the stomach for that diet.. although I surely need to do it.

    Love your decorated header! I had fun doing mine too.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn is very pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make out of it. Eli is a real ham that's for sure. How's your new furbaby? I'm partial to that little one of yours. I remember the saltines and flat 7up my mom would give us as kids for the "poops." Dad would give us a couple sips of blackberry brandy and if I remember correctly back all those years ago, it worked! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing we don't live in the same house. Pitiful, we are! Feel better Pammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovin the yarn and the $2 blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Eli! Also really like the festive blog header. (I might have commented about that b4??). Anyway, especially like the white background and blue type. VERY easy on old (er) eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥