Thursday, November 03, 2011

New Cup Cozies

I decided it was time to throw away my old, worn-out cup cozies and make some new ones.  I use these every day, all day…

DSCF4970 This one is my favorite.

DSCF4971

I like this cream & blue too.

DSCF4972

But this one is hideous.

Look away!

Peach and hot pink.  Gross.

The colors don’t look as bad together in real life though.

No pattern.

I just made a chain long enough to go around the bottom of my iced coffee glass and made continuous rounds of sc (no joining) until it was as tall as I wanted it.  Then I changed colors and made one round of sc, then made 5-dc shells or ch-3 picots.  I used either I Love This Cotton from H.L. or Peaches & Cream cotton and a size F hook.

I may make more later.  They are quick and fun, and the color combos are endless.

******************

Thank you all for your birthday wishes yesterday.

I was surprised I got so many.

You made me feel good.

We didn’t really celebrate my birthday yesterday because The Captain still isn’t up to par and I had doctor appointments that ended up taking up the entire day.  Still waiting on the MRI results which should come sometime today.  At least that’s what they told me.  I figure as long as they weren’t ringing my cell phone before I could even get home like last time, it’s nothing dire.  I still wish they would hurry up.  I hate waiting.

So we will celebrate my birfday another day.  I did get an omelet with toast & jelly for breakfast made by The Cap.  He’s the best breakfast maker, and it was really good.  Eggs, fresh diced tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro.

YUM.  I love cilantro.

******************

Okay, I’m off to scrounge something up for lunch.

Thanks again for all your comments yesterday.

Love you long time,

Pammy Sue

8 comments:

  1. OK, the omelet counts. Give him some time to get up to par THEN make him take you out! LOL Better yet he can take you yarn shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's about time. We wouldn't want you to be still using an old stained one now would we. They are really sweet.

    Glad to see the Captain took good care of you yesterday. I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Now, we know and please keep us posted.

    What's for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get good news on your test results. I know how hard the wait can be on these types of things. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice man you have there!! The cup cozies are so cute. I am not sure I understand how you made them though. You know me, a dork with patterns. They cover the bottom too, right?
    Glad you had a good day, and remember, no news is always good news!!!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are they looking for with the MRI? Scary stuff!

    I'm glad you had a good birthday - I guess any one we have on the right side of the dirt is a good one! :-)

    I was so busy yesterday that I didn't have time to leave a comment.. but here I am now!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I missed your birthday!!! Well Happy Belated Birthday to you, Pammy Sue! I hope the results of your MRI show no problems. Love the cup cozies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the test results and Happy belated Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥