Monday, November 21, 2011

New Blogs & A Hat Pattern &…

I’ve added a couple of new blogs to my sidebar recently.  That’s how I always get to all the blogs I read.  My sidebar automatically updates them in order of most recently-updated blogs.

Two of my new favs are:  Lovely Little Snippets and
Six Sister’s Stuff  (Both have great recipes.)

*******************

Harper Hat 1

Harper’s Earflap Hat

Free Pattern:  HERE

Thanks to Kat for sending me the pattern link!

I used two strands of DK-weight yarn held together for this little hat instead of worsted.  I used the newborn size instructions and it came out the perfect size for Harper…finally!  Now I think I will use this same pattern without the ear flaps for the rest of the hats I make her.

And then there’s this:

DSCN0003

I love this afghan, don’t you?  CUTE.  Find the info on it on Ravelry HERE.  The afghan pictured above was made by Elvee on Crochetville.

Have you tried Deborah Norville Everyday Yarn?  I just love it.  It’s so soft for acrylic.  You must try it.  Hersschner’s has it for $2.79 a skein…a great price.  Yes, I just ordered some.  What the hell is my problem?  I already have way too much yarn!  I couldn’t help it.  They sent me an email so I was forced to buy it.  I did not seek it out on my own.  At least I didn’t buy the same colors I already have.  LOL.

It is raining cats and dogs here tonight.  It has been raining heavily since it got dark at about 5:30-ish with thunder and lightening and the whole bit.  It’s downright chilly out too.  I love it.

raining c and d

I love this picture.  I got it off Google Images.  There was no credit.  I mean, I really LOVE it.  I lurve it.  Hint-hint.  (It looks like it would be easy to copy for someone who paints.  Hmm…)  Hee-hee.  I have no shame.

I have to go.  It’s almost 10:30 and I haven’t even cracked my Star Magazine yet.  It seems one of the Twilight hunks is gay and Kim K. stole somebody’s husband!  I’m a celeb gossip ho.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that hat! Will you take a photo of her in the hat and share it? It reminds me of when I made and ear flap hat for the 3 year old and the 6 year old said, no ear flaps on mine. LOL!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:

    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Harper's new hat!! Love that birdhouse blanket! LOVE how you justify having to buy new yarn. So funny. I get you...I really do!!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hat pattern. Thank you! The cats and dog image is so cute. I wish I could paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alli (she's in my sidebar) is always coming up with baby patterns. I'm so happy you finally have one that fits! I have that problem with adult hats because for whatever reason I have a big head. Most patterns are around 22 inches and my head is 23. :o(

    Cute afghan. I so wish I had the patience and perserverance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh you are so funny and so cute, Pammy Sue. Luv the birdie house blankie and the pic of the raining dogs and cats is adorable. Looks like kid art and I love kid art it's so freely whimsical and fun. Harper's new hat is gonna be soooo cute on her. Glad your drought is over and you're enjoying the rain. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at Teresa up that with that fancy Thanksgiving comment. Hope long did it take her to type that one. She must of cut and pasted. Oh, so clever.

    And why are you showing me that birdhouse one right when I should be starting to get stuff ready tonight. And a Herrschners sale this week to on the good stuff. Please keep this house in mind for me while I'm up to my eyeballs in Grinches right now.

    Seriously, there is a gay guy on the Twlight crew....really... not Star here yet... boo-frign'-hoo.

    Off to fix Grilled Turkey Cheese sammies with Minestrone Soup. Turkey before the big bird, I know, I know...

    J.R. for the win...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥