Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Favorite Crochet Book

DSCF5230

I’m sure I blogged about this book when I first got it a year or so ago, but it’s worth another mention.  It’s really my favorite crochet book.  It’s really gorgeous inside!

Philosophers Coat 1 It has projects and patterns inside in addition to illustrations and instructions for LOTS crochet stitches.  This Philosopher’s Coat is my dream project.  I’m a little intimidated by it, but it’s so gorgeous.  I will give it a go one of these days.

Philosophers Coat 2BackReally cool in a Boho, nerdy-kind of way.

That’s my style…Boho-Nerd.  LOL.

Red Baby Blankie 

This is a gorgeous sparkly little baby blanket.  I bet that yarn is so soft.  (Click to see the sparklies better.)

This book is not cheap.  I think I paid $26 for it, but it’s SO worth it.  I will have it forever and refer to it again and again for the stitch pattern library.  It has beginning chain counts too, i.e. multiples of 3 + 2, etc., for so many popular stitch patterns.  You can make any stitch pattern in any size you like with an easy reference to this book without having to use your own brain to figure it out.  Yes!  I love not using my brain most of the time.  Ha-ha.

Anyway, look for it on Amazon used for a better price.  I have never been disappointed in a used book I have bought through Amazon.  Just make sure you get one with the condition as “New, Like New, or Good” condition.  I usually don’t purchase anything from a merchant with less than 96% satisfaction reviews from previous customers.  Hint:  If there is a list of used books available from different merchants, look for one in your state or a state close to yours for faster delivery.

********************

I’m feeling kind of rough this morning so that’s it from me today.  This is a MEAN bug!  It’s spreading like wildfire too, according to my doctor.  It goes something like this: 

Day 1: sore throat.

Day 2: sore throat and migraine from hell that lasts all day. 

Day 3: let the congestion begin. 

Day 4: congestion drops to your chest but doesn’t leave your face either. 

Day 5-14 and Beyond: more congestion and general body aches.

 

Go to the doctor immediately and get some antibiotics if you get a sore throat.  It will go downhill QUICKLY from there and put a hurt on you, trust me.  A lot of my family members have had this thing.  I will start Week 2 tomorrow.  It’s nasty!

You’re Welcome

Bye

14 comments:

  1. LOL Pammy you are so funny even when sick. Take care (or make the captain take good care of you) and come back in when you feel more like it.

    I looked at this book a couple times but was too cheap (and broke) to spend the $$.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Don't send that nasty bug my way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I have this one too. But, I must go look. Isn't it sad that I don't know all my books. I'm watching myself very closely, as I don't want this to creep up on me here. I thought I had it, but now I'm not sure it's not exhaustion. I promise to go to the docs if that sore throat comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH feel better my friend...I have not been sick like that in a very long time.. Dont miss it. I have that book also and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Pammy, feel better now!!! So cute of the Captain to post for ya the other day. I'll look into that book and maybe I can get it in the new year. Lovin' your new blog header. I need to change mine and blog more but this is my busy time of year at the shop so it may not happen for awhile. Pretty hands, nails and ring you got there, P.S. I'm making some washcloths as gifts this year, too. I got so far as buying the yarn and got a couple patterns together but I gotta get on it since I don't hook as fast as you! Now get well quick, hugs, A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling somewhat human again. Bugs kick our ass when we get older. Funny how such a little thing can drop us like nobody's business. I hope I don't get it. Is it a flu? I had a flu shot this year. And (knock on wood) haven't been bad sick in a long time. Used to get sick every year for my birthday. That was the standing joke.

    I don't think I have that book but I have quite a collection going. I love all of my books. One I haven't used once I don't think. I won it in a giveaway and I bitched about all the pics being sepia colored. Remember? I should get that book out and look and see about the motifs in it. Anyways..enuf of my rambling. Feel better friend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pammy, as of Thursday, I will be two weeks with this awful bug too. But I can finally report some improvement today. I hope you are on the upswing too. I have seen and enjoyed that book. I think I will put it on my wish list for Christmas!!!!
    Feel better friend. I haven't even played words much.
    : ( XO KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  9. take care hope you start feeling better..I am feeling really tired tonight going to get some tea and toast and lay down and watch TV...NCIS is on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure wish they'd find cures for these things. I'm glad you're on the upswing! We got our flu shot a month and a half ago and so far so good.

    I bet that book is neat.. I got 3 crochet books, borders, squares and one other and for the life of me I never use them. But I do love that coat you want to do!!
    ****************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care of yourself, and hope you're feeling better soon.
    Thanks for wanting to try out my shawl pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. for anyone reading through all of your comments, I just looked this book up on amazon (cause I love it when they give you the multiples needed for your base chain on a pretty stitch) and it's in paperback new for $16.47 - under $10 in you find a good used copy!
    http://www.amazon.com/Donna-Koolers-Encyclopedia-Crochet-Leisure/dp/1574862820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322754253&sr=8-1

    This is definitely going on my list to Santa - Thanks Pammy Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pammy, I have the same awful bug. It's been a week for me. I tried to go back to work yesterday and only made it a half day. Ugggh! It's awful. So my Doctor said don't go back until Monday. That would be great if I felt like crocheting! LOL!

    I wanted to thank you for recommending this book. I got it from Amazon in my mail yesterday and all I can say is WOW!. It has some beautiful stitches I didn't know existed. It's so big and beautiful and that Philosphers Coat is quite a lofty goal.

    Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥