Monday, October 31, 2011

Scarf & Bowl

DSCF4961

I made this scarf last night in about three hours.  I made it using all sc stitches with a size N hook and holding two different yarns together.  I love the colors in it…

DSCF4964 Here’s a little closer look.  This picture was taken this morning in natural light.  The first picture was taken last night under the light of a ceiling fan.

DSCF4956 These are the yarns I used.  The one on the left is some home-dyed yarn that KATE made.  The one on the right is I Love This Yarn.  I don’t remember the color, maybe Gelato?  I wish the scarf was a little longer, but I crocheted until I ran out of yarn.  It measures 49” x 5”.

DSCF4948

DSCF4947

I made this basket yesterday morning.  It’s a cute basket and an easy pattern.  You can find it on Paula’s blog HERE.  I didn’t follow the directions exactly, but it’s basically the same.  I had intended this to be a bed for Ollie, but it’s not big enough.  I also didn’t heed Paula’s suggestion to use double worsted, mainly because I have no idea what that is.  I’ve never heard of it before.  Or does “double worsted yarn” mean to hold two strands at once?  Either way I didn’t do that.  I used Bernat Softee Chunky for the bottom and Wool Ease for the sides.  I think if I had continued using the chunky yarn, it would have been sturdier (more sturdy?).  But I still love it.

And that, my friends, is all I have from the weekend.  The puppy got me up at 5:30.  I’m taking him to the vet at 4pm today.  I think I need a little more shut-eye right now.  Is 9:30 too early for a nap?  Not for me it isn’t.  Bye.

Oh, yeah.  I forgot it’s Halloween…

BOO!

The Captain advised me that we are going to sit in lawn chairs out front and hand out candy this evening.  I can hardly wait.  <---sarcasm

Yes, he’s feeling much better.  Now he can start “vacationing” and getting on my nerves again.  :)  “What are you doing?”  “What do you want to do?”  “Do you want to go anywhere?”  “What are you doing?”  “How about now?”  “Wanna go to lunch somewhere?”  “What are you doing?”  “Are you busy?”  “You hate me, don’t you!”

Okay, he’s really not that bad.  I may be exaggerating.  I love it when he’s home for days on end.  No, really.  I do.

21 comments:

  1. Love the scarf and bowl - they both look very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at you and the Captain.... kinda sounds like me and my hubby when he is home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween! Just wanted to say Hi! Love the colors of the scaraf. I tried to make sense of "double worsted" also, but it wasn't clear. I guess it was supposed to be two strands as you thought. Love the new puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, that is so funny. I think a lot of us gals dread the day our men retire! I love my husband and all, but I don't want him all up in my BIDness!!!
    Love the scarf. I did slippers with two yarns together last year, and I loved the feel of it! So yummy. You will love wearing that! The bowl is cute too. Make one now for pepe le poo poo, I mean the puppy! Hope his "problem" is taking care of soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Basket!

    DOuble Worsted was a cotton yarn I bought when Elmer-Pisgah was going out of business . . . basically it is the size of two worsted weight yarns together . . . VERY hard to work with in the cotton, but the baskets stood up so well. I mailed them, in a very small box, to England for a swap and they "sprung" right back to life.

    But, they are fun, aren't they?

    Use the bottom to make a coaster, and ten make 1 one round larger and form it into a basket for your coasters . . like you said, great present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is fun at home for about 12hrs then he really starts to get in my hair.... I don't wanna watch that. Whadda ya mean go somewhere, I got a TV show on. You ready to go home yet??? I wanna power nap....

    and the list goes on. I love him but men get in your hair if you give them too much free time. Mine's good at it. Glad he feels better- now he can give you heck for trhe next 10 days or so. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of the I Love This Yarn! Very nice scarf. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarf is very pretty Pammy Sue. And I really like the bowl, will have to check out the link. Happy Halloween! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love the colors in your scarf and basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That scarf turned out very nice. Make sure you have it wrapped around your neck very tight while out in those lawn chairs tonight. Great idea to have two together. I think that bowl is fun too by the way. Remember to breathe you are only on day one. You know, I know all about those stay vacas of extra days. Your turn when you get back for WWF and more in an email.

    T or T,
    K-T.G.B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a hoot. Just wait until he's retired and there ALL. THE. TIME. I was actually quite worried about that, but it ended up not being so bad at all, especially when he took up bread baking. :-)

    Love the scarf and basket!!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your basket I think they meant to use double strand. Been thinking about all the neat things you make got some new yarn got to get busy. Love your puppy dog he is so cute. I have to try your making your basket really like that. It is funny when hubby feels better they come up with new ideas everyday. Hope your doing well too I write soon. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colours on your scarf and bowl. have a good week.
    ~marita~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice on both projects! I love all the colors in them both.

    Glad hubby is feeling better...and gosh, I wish mine nagged me with at least half of those questions :)

    Hope that adorable little baby is feeling better too.

    Nancy

    PS...Happy Birthday (tomorrow), right?? :):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Pammy Sue!! Hope doggie is done squirting and your neck is getting looked at and will improve soon. Hope ya getta do sumthin' fun and relaxing and that you get at least one gift to open that is a nice surprise. Thanks for your nice words last week on my blog. Hugs, buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your scarf, and love the bowl! The colors you used are gorgeous!.. Hope Ollie is feeling better. (There's been the idea of bringing a young female pitbull into the family here, but we'll see what happens!) Doing any baking? I love it, after such a long and hot summer (with NO air conditioning!). Might just make the apple pie muffins from the recipe Bev's got posted.. Anyways, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Hope "the Captain's" got lots of fun and a very special day planned for you! Enjoy! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the scarf colors! The bowl is cute too. Hope Ollie is ok!

    Just wait til he retires! lol. My girlfriend here is contemplating going out and getting a job once hers retires after the first of the year because he'll be on her nerves. I am SOOO glad I'm single. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the scarf and the bowl - fabulous. I hope you are having a great day:)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Pammy Sue! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥