Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Food, Eli, Momma

 DSCF4810

Autumn Pot Roast

Recipe: HERE

I made Kris’ recipe for Autumn Pot Roast yesterday and it turned out fantastic.  It’s cooked in the oven for several hours on a low temperature instead of the crock pot.  I may never make a roast in the crock pot again!  You must try it and follow the instructions she gives on her blog.  Thank you Kris!  I even made REAL whipped potatoes to go with it.  We just had it leftover for lunch.  Nom-nom-nom…so good!

When I looked at my email today, I had an email from The Captain.  He sent me THIS LINK and said he thought I ought to try it.  I’m going to the grocery store in a bit to pick up the Oreos to make them.

chocolate-chip-oreo-cookies OH MY

One more recipe…

DSCF4800

Left-click on the pic and then right-click and print.

Doesn’t that sound delish?

Sounds like a good one for the Holidays.

It was on the back of my Cinnamon Chex Cereal box.

Along with these:

DSCF4802

Paw Divider Bar

DSCF4813

The mobile pet groomer was here today and gave all the dogs a bath and toenail clipping.  Eli got a shave.  He looks like a totally different dog!  Yes, his long hair is beautiful, but it’s a mess to take care of.  What a pain.  So he got a total shave-down except for his head and tail, which just got a trim.  He looks so goofy and cute, and I know he feels better without all that hair.

DSCF4820

Papillon-loving people will probably send me nasty letters for shaving all his hair off.  I don’t plan on keeping him this way all the time, but it sure does seem like it’s going to be easier for him and us with it this way.  We shall see.

DSCF4821

multiheart divider

I have nothing of the hooky kind to show you.  I’ve taken a bit of a break from it because my arm & shoulder (and neck) were bothering me as I finished that last afghan.  I fear the neck crick was just a symptom of a bigger problem.  An appointment with the neck doctor who did my last surgery is in order.  If it’s anything serious, it needs to be taken care of before new deductibles kick-in at the beginning of next year.  Maybe I just strained it, but I need to go check and make sure.  I HAVE to stop picking the dogs up too.  I’m sure that’s not helping things.  DUH.

Okay, the groomer is gone and I have to run to the store and then get busy making cookies.  But one more thing before I go…

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y

M O M M A ! !

MOM Bye!

6 comments:

  1. At least the recipes the Captain is sending you contain chocolate. These look so good. Keep us posted on how they turn out. Now, why are you giving us dog haircuts when we have been dying to see those hooks that you made. please, pretty, pretty please. Hey, I think I'm about to panic over all these changes I'm reading about. I really think they want to get rid of us bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies.... drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli looks so cute like that. And you're right...he has to feel better. And screw those other people...he's your dog....dang it. :o) You're a good mama to them.

    Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli is so cute- just make sure he's not that way in cold weather! Stop picking those dogs up-- except for the tiny one. I know they aren't exactly the weight of stuffed toys. You wanna be able to crochet don't nya? Good luck at the Dr's... let me knjow how those recipes turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious Pam!!! I have heard of those stuffed cookies before. How can they NOT be good! And I love all of those chex mix concoctions! Yum!!!
    Your pup is cute!! I have a friend with one of those breeds. He is naughty though. Take care of that crick!!!! And Happy Birthday Momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I've seen those Oreos stuffed in chocolate chip cookie dough and baked... o m g. That's gotta be a party in your mouth.. LOL!

    I love the spiffed up Pup! We take our Cairn in to be groomed and he looks so faaaaancy afterwards and he's soooo much softer!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥