Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Crawling Back Out

“Um, hello?  Is anybody still here?” she said while clawing her way out from under a mossy, slippery rock.

Yes, I’m crawling out from the foggy, groggy, painful, dark underworld I’ve been in the last four days, The Land of the Horrendous Neck Crick.  Good Lord, that was rough.  It’s finally better, but I still can’t drive because I can’t turn my head enough to the left to see.  Anyway, I’m alive and here to prove it.

Ready for lots of links?  I did a little crocheting…

DSCF4682I started this scrappy bars afghan, but I realized it was looking almost exactly like my ripple afghan (same colors) so I frogged it.  You can find the free pattern HERE and see a really pretty one that Dawn made HERE.  The pattern isn’t as hard as the pattern appears, and you don’t have to do any math either unless you just like doing math.  I don’t know why she just didn’t write out the pattern normally.  She made it harder than it needs to be (at least it seemed that way to me.)  But it’s her pattern and she can do whatever she wants!  Shut up, Pammy Sue!  I liked doing the pattern, but the colors I chose were just too similar to something I’d already made.  I’ll definitely start another one some day soon.  But for now, I started this:

DSCF4685It’s another one of THESE.  You’ll see the free pattern link there.  This one is going to be various colors of blue.  I thought that might look pretty done that way.  So does Fletch.  I’ve also changed the colored (blue) rows to two rows of DC instead of three rows of sc.  Everything else is the same as the pattern.  This one is BIG.  It fits across my queen-size bed with about 5-6 inches of overhang on each side.  I didn’t count my beginning chain.  I just crocheted until it was as long as I wanted it.  I may give it to one of my sons if The Captain doesn’t steal it.  Every time I start a new afghan he says, “Is that for me?”

DSCF4688

Here it is with a few more rows added.  So far so good.  I’m also still working on the other afghan I started using the granny ripple pattern.  It’s looking really good.  I just need more than one thing to work on at a time because I get bored and sore from not varying the stitches.  If I change my hand motion for different stitches, it seems to help.

 

I made Bev’s recipe for Yeasted Cornbread in the bread machine this morning, and man was it good!  We had it for lunch with a bowl of jalapeno black-eyed peas.  Keeper alert!

We had planned to go to the State Fair of Texas tomorrow, but with my neck this way, we’re going to wait until next week.  I’m not riding any rides, but I still don’t want to get out there and not feel well enough to enjoy myself.  The main reasons I like to go are:

1)  The Food, glorious food!

2)  The quilt and crochet exhibits

3)  People-watching

4)  Um, the FOOD!  Corny dogs, here we come!

Bye!

15 comments:

  1. So glad your neck is doing a little better. Hope you get full range of motion soon!

    Love that Indian blanket. Add that to the ever growing list of 'i-should-try-that-pattern-someday'. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear from you, I was wondering about you today. Keep getting well and the crochet is looking good. I love Dawns finished one also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I missed you Pammy Sue! I'm so sorry about that neck thing.. have you seen a doctor or chiropractor to get some help? I hope you get well enough for the state fair. I love those things. Did you ever see the movie, State Fair, with Pat Boone & Ann-Margret?

    Love your crochet you're working on.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better. I have problems with my back sometimes and it is awful not being able to move normally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you are back with the living. But, what the heck are you crocheting right now for? Isn't that how this alllll started. OK, seriously, I love your new project and that is one I've been eyeing up for a while. Please, please take it easy, as I need you back in full force next week when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pammy-

    Had wondered if you were alive and how your neck was. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you're neck is getting a little bit better. The scrappy afghans are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! Glad you are on the mend though. Captain sounds like my hubby. He never wants me to give a quilt away!! Do share the recipe for the cornbread!!! Oh, and take lots of pics when you go the fair, and stay off the mechanical bull!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The afghans are both lovely. The colors in the first are gorgeous -- I may have to steal those and make an afghan like it.

    I'm so glad you liked the bread. It made delicious toast this morning with fresh raspberry jam on it. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stitchy Mc Floss6:00 AM

    So glad to see your posting and your afghans are very pretty. Thanks for the links. :) Hope your neck heals quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're feeling better! Crick neck is a pain in the neck!! :o) I know...go ahead and smack me. I was supposed to go to the doc yesterday for my wrist but they called and rescheduled for next Wed. From what I saw on the website for this doc he does a lot smaller incision for carpel tunnel. So it looks to be no big deal. (fingers crossed)

    So get back to normal so you can go to the fair! Take pics of the crochet exhibit - if they'll let you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both afghans look great. I think I would have liked the one you frogged even though it looked similar to another one you made. They would coordinate nicely in a room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are up and about..hope he neck continues to feel less painful. Your afghans are always so pretty. I don't use much yarn..I am a thread person, I wonder what I would end up with if I tried your scrappy blanket if I did work it with the thread? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty afghans. I have the first one you showed in my favorites to do "some day". Glad you are feeling a bit better and hoping you are all better soon. Take care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love that ribbons afghan pattern!! It is super easy. I am planning on doing another in the future, once I get all these other things out of the way. Love your blue stripes, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥