Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Chilly Day

DSCF4933

And The Captain is home with what seems to be the flu…chest congestion, sore throat, and low-grade fever.  He feels like crap.  And today is the first day of his 13-day vacation.  That sucks!  He couldn’t get warm so I lit a fire, and now it’s nice and toasty in the living room.

This weather put me in the mood to cook.  I’ll be cooking dinner in a couple of hours, but earlier I made…wait for it…wait for it…Maple-Pecan Fudge!  Oh my!  I found the recipe online yesterday (I wish I could remember where), and it sounded so good.  So while I was at the grocery store this morning, I got what I needed to make it.  Actually, the original recipe was Maple-Walnut Fudge, but I prefer pecans.

DSCF4926It could not have been easier or quicker to make, and it tastes fantastic.  I love maple and pecans.

Here’s the recipe:

DSCF4925

(Click on it and you should be able to print it and be able to read it.)  I got to the recipe thru Mandy’s Recipe Box.  If you’re not familiar with Mandy’s blog, you must go there.  I spent a loooooong time there yesterday reading through recipes and printing like a mad woman.  The recipe link was there in one of the entries where everybody links-up.

DSCF4927

Does anybody love these as much as I do?

I pour in the boiling water and let it sit for about 20 minutes.  Then I eat all the noodles and leave the broth.  But the broth is good if you’re sick with a cold or sore throat; I just usually don’t drink it after the noodles are gone.  The Roasted Chicken Flavor is my favorite and The Captain likes the spicy-hot ones.

The cut on my hand feels and looks much better today.  I’ll be spending the next couple of days trying to stay clear of Mr. Sickie because I sure don’t want what he’s got.  When I went to the store this morning, I loaded him up with cold medicines, Gatorade, Chicken Cup-O-Soup, and some Little Debbie’s Brownies shaped like footballs.  He was most pleased to see those brownies in the bag when I got home.  He’s so easy to please.

I’m outta here to go play nursie.  Bye.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it. We left around the same time and I just got done putting the groceries away and you have gone and made yummie looking fudge, whipped up some noodles for lunch and nursed the captain back to health. What can't you do like a speed demon? But, here is my take. Maybe, just, maybe the Captain is not all that sick if L.D. Brownies are looking good to him...te-he...but there is nothing worse than a sickie boy in the house. Regress right to 12 and looking for mommy care. Hang in there and keep those hands clean. Off to find me some lunch even though it's 3pm already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you for your recipe today! Yummmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take good care of him, and keep yourself healthy!

    We're definitely on the beginnings of some major colds here, too. All the coughing and nose drips have begun. =P Time for some chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stuff is nasty- going around everywhere. It's all over here and I managed to get a bad case of it that almost went to pneumonia! Hope he feels better soon. If there's anything worse than being sick it's putting up with a sick MAN! Glad that cut is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fudge looks yummmmm... I wonder if you could use real maple syrup for the flavor? We had a nice day at Multnomah Falls today.. and did some more sightseeing and photographing.. blog to come soon. I hope you don't get sick! Ugh!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your husband is feeling better soon and that you don't catch it. Your fire looks inviting. Hope you enjoy your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Cap! Hope he feels better before his vacay runs out! Wonder how long it will take me to drive over for some of that fudge??? You spose there will be any left by the time I pull into the drive? And I love those noodles too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great post.:))
    Its cold and wet here today , I don't know when summer is suppose to come, may be we have had it and I missed it LOl.........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥