Thursday, September 22, 2011

Let’s Go “Camping”

DSCF4471

Look Closely

Mr. Ely was sick the whole way up to the cabin.  Bless his heart.  Thankfully, we knew he would probably do this so we had the back covered in old towels and mats with plenty of paper towels on hand.  Sammi & Fletch were huddled up on the other side of the car staring in horror.  Eww!  Don’t get any on us!  LOL.

DSCF4474 We traveled on…

DSCF4476

And made it to the cabin.

DSCF4481

Did some sightseeing…

DSCF4488

We stopped for lunch and ate out on the back deck by the river.

DSCF4489

Mr. Squirrel joined us for a French fry or two…

DSCF4491

When his belly was full, he retired for a nap in the tree right next to us.

DSCF4494 We travelled on…

DSCF4515 And headed down the mountain…

DSCF4527

To the lake.

Broken Bow Lake, Oklahoma

DSCF4534

To our houseboat!

Wow…ain’t it grand?

Okay, it’s not ours…but we saw it.

Ha-ha-ha.

DSCF4536

The trees were just starting to turn colors.

DSCF4533

DSCF4539

The Camera-Shy Pammy Sue

Stop trying to zoom-in on me!

Quit it!

The camera adds 50 lbs, okay?

04

Look at the cute little ducky and forget how fat I am.  Hee-hee.  (Not my picture.)

DSCF4529

DSCF4568

Okay, that’s enough with the pictures today.

I’ll have some crochet for y’all tomorrow.

See ya.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place you went to.. wish I had one of those houseboats too. I always think of Monica and Chandler on Friends about the "camera adding pounds"... Monica: Hey, the camera adds 10 lbs. Chandler: And just how many cameras were on you?? LOL

    Feel free to make that blanket, is it not gorgeous? Think I will order some Hobby Lobby ILTY to make it, not sure what color yet, but will be for a baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice get away Pammy Sue. Poor Mr. Ely... traveling isn't his cup of tea is it?. When we got our German Shepherd many, many years ago my Hubby made the statement he hoped he would like to travel in the car (Hubby's childhood dog didn't do well car traveling sick all the time like your Mr. Ely). Well, our Dusty loved, really loved to go in the car. He would get so excited when we started to pack the car. Finally we just put him in the back of the car so he would know he was going and get him out of our way. Your cabin looks so cosy. Glad you had a good time. Now get back to crocheting! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Eli. My sister has one of Eli's brothers...lol. Looks just like Eli! Anyways, he gets sick too when he travels.

    I've always wanted to live on a houseboat. I just think that would be too cool.

    It certainly was pretty in Broken Bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking me along on your vacation. I had a lovely time. It looks heavenly and to be there just as the leaves start to turn is nice. I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice place to take a little 'trippy-poo'! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place Pam!! I have to laugh at how camera shy you are!!! Silly!! How far was this from your home in Texas? Poor fur baby getting sick all the way up the mountain! I can relate!!!
    The changing trees are gorgeous now, I can only imagine how pretty it will be in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures--amazing scenery! Sorry your puppy was sick. =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you! What a beautiful place to be right now. I almost did a "Mr.Ely" when I started reading because I was enjoying some yogurt :-( Luckily, I scrolled past the picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like heaven.....A perfect getaway! I hope your doggie is feeling better. Poor guy :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great trip you had, 'cept for poor pup. I imagine you had a great time. Say, you should just have a photo of you.. I think you look slim and trim compared to me! I have a friend who lives full-time on a houseboat just like that on the Columbia River!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place :))
    Poor puppy he didn't look very happy at all :((
    A fab place to just chill out :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥