Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dying for this Pie

Banoffee Pie

Banoffee Pie

Go read all about it and get the recipe HERE.

I can’t wait to try it.

multiheart divider

Have you seen Suz’s new Hex pattern and also the “plain” blanket she’s making?  I like them both, but for some reason really-really like the plain one.  Here is my version:

DSCF4450

Hers have white in the middle.  Do you think the white looks better than this dark brown?  At first I didn’t like the white, but now I kind of do.  Help me decide.  I’m torn.  Or maybe even another color besides white or brown?  I tried a tan or buff color, but it made the linen (lightest color) look kind of pukey-slightly-pinky-gross.  I want the middles to be all the same color.  I really love that orangy color (Vanna’s Baby yarn in Goldfish).

I hope you don’t get lost over on Suz blog once you follow that link and forget to come back and answer me.  She has so much fun stuff to look at.  She is so inspirational.  Anywho…please give me your opinion on the middles.

I swore last night that I would not start this until I finished some other things I have started.  That didn’t last long.  I decided I could “just make a couple” before I went to sleep.  How many times has that happened?  Millions!  Heh-heh.  I can’t help it.  I’m totally addicted to trying new patterns/colors/yarns/hooks.  It’s a sickness.

12 comments:

  1. Wow does she have some beautiful stuff... you're right, I almost forgot to come back here! I like the white in the middle... even though it is "plain" it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love them! My new favorite color is gray! Its everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like those. I would like them with white in the middle too. Now, I want some pie!!!!!
    Oh, thought of you this morning, when I had my peach activia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them both, but at the moment, I think I prefer the dark brown... Hey, why not just make one blanket with white middles and a second blanket with dark brown? Problem solved! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great... just back from the store and now I need to go and get some more goodies for this recipe. Maybe, I'll wait till the 22nd when we plan to go Apple Picking.

    So, here's the thing. I love Suz Hex do much better than mine. I'm really not up to a pattern write out right now. Ok, maybe a quick one and what I did in the corners, which I think will work on Suz's too. And the other reason is I started another new IDEA... we shall see. Email to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both, but u got to admit, the white gives the blanket an extra light, I don't know..... I like them both.... You and your crochet rock! Really!
    Tks!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the white centers, but then I like the little specks in the outer part of the square, with the contrast of the white centers? Not sure if that would work with the dark? Oh, I don't know....

    I like the looks of the pie ... Are you going to make it? Let me know how it tastes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plain blanket too! Looks good with the white squares and the dark squares. I think I may make one myself! And that pie does look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin the squares. I like the white center, and the orange color is just fab... as for the pie let us know how it turns out. I could go for a piece with some coffee right now 3>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wont be terribly useful both white and brown are good centers. But I myself would probably spring for the brown Just to be different. (I'd probably make the wide white section all purply and have white centers) XD Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of the white in the middle as it makes the other colors pop out. Goodness.. that pie looks yummy!!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Thanks for the mention...It's looking good doing mine in a diagonal pattern
    Works up quick..always a good thing don't you think?
    Hugs X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥