Thursday, August 04, 2011

I Dare You

DSCF4126

I may have found my crochet funk-buster, but I’m not making any promises.  I love the way these look.  I haven’t made anything for a week that looks decent and I was beginning to wonder if I’d lost my mojo.  In fact, I was sure of it.  But I kept trying different things until something finally struck me as worthy of continuing.  (The green shawl is on hold.)

DSCF4127 I’ve really been into Orange & Red this year.

DSCF4128

There are another couple of rounds to this pattern that make these circles into squares.  I just haven’t decided what color I want to make those rounds yet.  The Garden Bell just finished a beautimous blanket using this same pattern.  Check it out HERE.

DSCF4130

DSCF4132

I’m thinking something garish like YELLOW or ORANGE, but there’s a teeny-tiny possibility I may be sensible and go with white or off-white.  Nah.  I think ORANGE!

Uh oh…

My pissy mood has morphed into rebellious and BOLD. 

I dare you to stop me.

17 comments:

  1. LOL Pammy- wish I had time to take a dare.... Every time I turn around this thing called WORK calls- gets in the way of crochet etc.

    So what's in store for the squares? Blanket maybe? Scarf? Pillow? looks good for a number of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it wild go for it. Isn't it a fun pattern. It does go along quickly, but my 80 did take a while. I think 5x5 would be good for a baby size. Glad to see you got your mojo back. Please send some my way, my brain isn't working to well on picking out what to do next. Probably, because, I don't really have any true gifts in mind.

    Finally, a little cooler up this way. 82, you would think we would be getting snow it feels so nice out. The humidity is lower too, which is the killer here.

    Oh, time to go put some groceries away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a sec... I hadn't closed you window yet and just spotted your new header.... Love, love, love it. You and the pup are just too cute...Sweeeeeeeeet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for orange! I think it would be so striking. And, I'm really glad your pissy mood is gone. Pam, it's just not very becoming for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back in the swing. If you used brown for the edging, it would be very Seventies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Those look great!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh those would look so good with an orange border hehe, I say go wild and have fun with it. I'm anxious to see what these will become. Btw I love the new header it's so perfect and summery and suits you perfectly:) Have a great day and enjoy the mojo boost,
    Muchlove, Miss Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo! I love these colors!!! Very nice crocheting too! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm always into red :-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, I love the colors you are using here! Reds, oranges, yum!!! If I were you, in that heat, I would be pissy until it November!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have dared me !!!!!!!! Ok ... for me it would be cream.. it would make the colours stand out more..:))
    Have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stop you ... never! Not me, besides bold and bright is it! Go for it. The brighter and bolder the better. At least that's what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great! Can't wait to see what you do with them. I started a baby blanket with these (I saw them over at Kate's) and need a quick baby blanket. Mom is due any day now and I am just starting it. Procrastinate much?
    :-P These squares work up so fast I might just have it finished in time. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun colors! Reminds me of yummy sherbet. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. looking good..love the bright colors..

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  17. No way we'd stop you! That sounds really great! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥