Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Easily Entertained

So I’m hopping through blogland this morning and stumble upon one that I need to translate with Google Translate.  As you all probably know, some languages just do not translate well.  And it’s always the ones you are trying to get a pattern from, isn’t it?

Anywho…I was laughing my ass off when I came across this one (this is just a snippet):

“6. round: Here comes the mysterious "tips" that so many have asked.  Here crochet no elevation mask. Crochet 16 mouse tags as follows: * 3 ch, 1 sc in first ch, skip 1, 1 sc *.  Repeat ** end of round. Change color.  The end with 1 sl.
NB2: If you adjusted cf NB1, you may receive more or fewer mouse tags.  But it does not matter, as long as pot holder is fairly flat.  Number of masks does not matter the end result.”

WTF??  Ha-ha-ha!  I just thought I’d share that and give you a giggle.  HERE is the blog it came from with the full pattern.  It is a lovely potholder.

 

DISCLAIMER:  By the way, I am NOT making fun of her.  I am making fun of the way the language translates.  I feel like I have to say that because of some certain simpletons out there who just don’t get it unless you spell it out for them.  And, yes, I know you still come here and read and lurk around like a psycho.  You’d think you’d just go away knowing how I feel about you.  But that’s what makes a psycho a psycho, isn’t it?  Ugh.

Alrightee then…

DSCF4179

I made this Vegetable Curry crock pot recipe yesterday.  My house was filled with the smell of curry and it drove me crazy all day.  It smelled so good.  And it WAS good when I finally got to have it for supper.  Highly recommended if you like curry.  I followed the recipe exactly and then added two heaping Tablespoons of flour mixed with a little water about 20 minutes before I turned it off.  It thickened it up nicely.  I like a thick curry gravy to go over my rice.  Recipe HERE.

Okay, that’s it for today.

See ya tomorrow.

Rock on.

(Hee…that was dumb)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, that translation is toooooo funny. Mouse tags? I always get a kick out of translations too...it's like a puzzle to try to decipher the translation! But that potholder is "wicked cool"! After I leave this comment, I'm going back to follow the link to the original blog...I need to check that out! Have a good rest of the day! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care..still made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...love your comments directed at the lurkers who just LOVE to start shit because they obviously have nothing better to do with their time.

    I've recently looked at some blog sites that are Polish. I found some beautiful crochet but when you go to do the translation it's like what you put up above. No way could I follow it. Better to look at the pics and try to decipher huh? :o) They know what they're saying......I wonder how ours translates to them, if they can understand better than we can?? Ok..I'm off to do my rain dance for you...as soon as I get home in the woods where no one can see me. lmao......luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! Your good! I would have given up at the first mouse tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Pammy Sue, haven't had much time to visit any of my fave blogs lately, but when I do and see what you've been up to, I always crack up. Yes, that Google translator can screw things up good! And so what about the other stuff...just promise to always be yourself :-)

    P.S. LOVE curry and rice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥