Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Dilly-Dallying

DSCF4174

Pink & Green 12” Squares

I made the plain granny square pictured above several months ago, and I made the other one last night.  I didn’t put the last round on it because I’m going to use the join-as-you-go-method once I get all the squares made and I know how I want to arrange them.  You can find the free pattern for the smaller one HERE.  It’s called Yarn Clouds.  But let me warn you, it’s a pain in the ass.  There…I said it.  You can also see this square in different color combos on Ravelry.  I changed the last round to a granny stitch so it would fit into my join-as-you-go method for the rest of the blanket.

I had seen a blanket that I thought was gorgeous made of these colors and wanted to make one like it.  So I am veeeerrry slooooowly going to make a square now and then and eventually I’ll get there.  You can see the blanket of inspiration for this on Mias Landliv’s blog HERE and HERE.  I think it’s so gorgeous and just love to sit and stare at it.  I’m glad I took this picture now that I look at it because I need to use a lighter green color.  That one is too dark.  Hmm.

Anywho…there’s nothing else happening around Scotty’s Place yesterday or today.  I’ve just been working and napping and blog-hopping and crochet-hunting for inspiration.  Maybe when it’s not 120 degrees in the shade I will feel more like blanket-making.  Right now I just want a cool spot, some blessed iced tea, and that’s about it.

My sister picked up her pillow this morning.  She was very happy with it.  She’s going to take a picture of it on the blanket and send it to me.  I’ll share it when I get it.  Thank you all for your nice comments on it.  I’ll try to get around to say hello to all of you very soon.  I’ve been remiss in visiting all of my bloggy friends lately.

Thank you for coming here for a visit

and leaving me some love.

Right back at ya…

small_heart small_heartsmall_heart

17 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love those colors together too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be a nice blanket, Pammy- I too am slow to get squares done and joined. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! I love the colors. I was interested in trying that flower one until you said it was a pain. Now I'll have to look it up and see if I'm willing to try it or not. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care that it's a pain in the you know what. I'm going to have to try this one.

    I sure hope you get cooler soon.

    Nope, I haven't left yet, but do need to get to the store.

    I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both. You get all fancy with your give away and actually print out the names!!! I did see my name there. FLETCH....come ON!!! Help a girl out!!
    WHY oh WHY can't you and Kate live near me so you can teach me how to make some of the awesome things you make??? And I think we might actually have a lot of fun together too!!!
    Try to stay cool!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your squares they are beautiful you are inspiring for me to try something new here like I really need to do. I got a few wips that need to be finished. I have a square pattern called circle to square that I am working on. I never tried the attaching squares while you go method I have to try this. Again your work is beautiful my friend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combos! I have a granny square blanket that I am making a little at a time too. Each spuare is only 2 rounds, but I think there's something like 300 squares. Its my on-the-go project since I don't have to take it all with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pink and green together! And your squares are really pretty. The links you gave are inspiring....dang girl, you've got to stop doing this to me...every time I see all your pretty hooky stuff it makes me want to crochet!
    Don't forget to visit me...I have a little funny on my blog...all I can say is that it's the heat getting to me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this pink and green blanket is the prettiest one I've ever seen so thanks for showing it to us all. I'm fairly new to crochet and have made a few simple large granny blankets. I love these small multi coloured grannies but I can't stand all the ends ! I need to overcome this phobia 'cos it's stopping me attempting a pretty blanket like this.
    Love your blog and read it every day - all the way from Australia.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Pammy Sue :)) You have a way with colours :))
    The cushion for your sister is a lovely pattern :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got your package, but those are not earrings, they are your stitch markers! They do kinda look like earrings though, huh? Guess you could wear them if you wanted to, nobody would know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you going to do just the 2 types of squares?

    Very pretty color combo... I wish I could have white furniture like I see in all the European blogs. Just too many grandchildren... oh yeah and one messy hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to do just one square now and then to get the product you want with minimal frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy thats a beaut, will i won't i, I'm terribly impatient specially with pain in the *** projects, but that just looks sooo good :).
    Loved your sis's cushion too the wavy border is great!!
    Have a great day Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, that blanket will be gorgeous. Fantastic colours I can see why you love it.
    Your second square is really beatiful but if it is a pain to make it even for you (in your own language) than I will not try it.

    Have a nice day,
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely! And the colors look happy together! Beautiful work as always!
    Have a gorgeous day!!!
    Love and hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I love that afghan..I printed the picture. This is a few years ago. And purchased the yarn. Its still in my stash...You know to do! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥