Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crappy Picture Post

DSCF4330

DSCF4331

I couldn’t decide which picture was crappier, so you get both.  Lucky you!  We made ourselves sick on this last night.  We ate too much.  A few notes:  I couldn’t find the pre-cooked noodles, but I did find the same Yakisoba Noodles over by the Ramen Noodles that were in a microwave dinner box.  I used two boxes and only cooked the noodles and veggie packet in the microwave to use in this recipe.  I threw out the flavor packets.  Also, I used Teriyake Baste & Glaze in ours.  I browned the chicken in a little oil first and then drained off the oil before adding the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze.  Since that sauce is so thick, I had to add a little water a couple of times to keep it from burning to the pan.  It worked out fine.  I used a can of sliced water chestnuts, 1/2 of a red bell pepper, and a package of fresh, pre-cut veggies from the produce section because I’m lazy.  Thank you, Teresa!

This was a really fantastic recipe.  It’s from Teresa Kasner and you can find it here:  Teresa & Dayle’s Chicken Yakisoba

********************

The pattern I’m using for the ripple afghan is available for purchase on Ravelry.  Find it here:  Churchmouse Vintage Crochet Blanket.  I love this pattern and I’m glad I bought it.  I had seen it before but was being cheap and wouldn’t buy it.  Why do I do that?  I’ll gladly pay $5 for coffee and Starbucks, but I hesitate to pay that much for a pattern.  I never claimed to be smart.  Oh wait…yes I did.  It’s right there in my profile.  Ha-ha-ha.  By the way, the pattern is for a baby-sized afghan.  I chained 240 for an adult-sized afghan.  I’m using various worsted yarns and a size J hook.  That will seem like too long of a chain at first, but once you get through Row 2, it will shrink up considerably.  Mine is 50 inches wide before the border.

I’m a busy bee so I have to go now.  Be happy and smile.  Bye now.

 

10 comments:

  1. The stir fry looks good. I always have trouble getting good indoor photos. Love your new blanket you are working on. Thanks for the link. Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy Sue: Thanks so much for the recipie and the link! I adore that afghan... Your colors are great! Do you have a secret for weaving in ends? I am such a freak about them mine are about 6 times longer than yours because I am so afraid of them coming undone after washing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that looks so yummy!!! I just perused Teresa's blog for the first time last night. Love it. Hey, my husband says the same thing about me...I quibble over prices when grocery shopping, and then pay 2 bucks for diet soda at a drive thru nearly every day!!! Oh well....a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!!
    Love that pattern.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to give this Teresa Recipe a try for sure. I'll head to the Chinese Grocery Store after my haircut today.

    Thanks again for the pattern find. It's getting harder and harder to find something new and fresh.

    Don't work to hard today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, girl! The noodles look good.

    I actually have that magazine, but thanks for the offer. I'm gonna look at the pattern again, maybe give it another go..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pammy Sue! I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe. I enjoy the veggies in this and the teriyaki chicken in it too. Mmm... thanks for the linkie! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm much like you with buying patterns, keep hoping a freebie will show up, rather spend my money on the yarn - Very Silly
    That dish looks so scrumptious mmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the food! The pics aren't too bad...made my stomach rumble! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, delish! I love noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥