Oh me, oh my…
This turned out so delicious!
Find the recipe HERE.
I’m planning on making two more of these cakes tomorrow. One for a get-together we’re going to on Saturday night and one for a gift for one of my clients. That’s how good I think it is. I just sprinkled with a little powdered sugar because I only had about 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar left in my pantry. I like it with the powdered sugar better than I would an icing of any kind, but I’m planning to gift it with a jar of caramel sauce for ice cream tucked in the basket. Ooo-la-la!
And the rest…
1. Yes, we’re going to a couples get-together on Saturday night. Gah. At least I bought a new outfit to wear…just jeans and a new shirt, but that should make me feel a little better. The anticipation of the social anxiety is intense right now. I think it’s always worse than the actual event. I’m sure I will sweat like a pig, as usual, because they are from the North. No offense, but you people DO NOT know how to use an air conditioner properly. (My husband is from the North so trust me, I know.) Turn it on full-blast when you are having company, especially if it’s 100 degrees outside. For the love of God! Just do it. I have threatened to bring my own full-size fan this time, and I think I just might do it. Okay, I’ll stop going on and on.
2. No crochet for the past THREE DAYS. Just no time or inclination really.
3. Not much sleep either for whatever reason. I just don’t know.
4. HERE’s a neat recipe that I plan to make soon. Cool blog too.
5. There’s a nice inspiration board on THIS BLOG. (Scroll down for the latest board…it’s not just crochet but MUCH more! You’ll find tons of places to go explore.) There’s a button for it in my sidebar too.
6. It’s still been over 100 degrees every day in these parts. Autumn, please hurry the hell up! Am I bitching again? Sorry.
7. I’m closing my etsy shop. It’s pathetic.
8. Can you believe I’m going on SIX YEARS of blogging? I’ve had a couple of marriages that didn’t last that long. Ha-ha. (I’m serious!)
9. I really have enjoyed having my pretty roses around the last couple of days. Can you believe they were only $5 for the six at Wal-Mart? It’s true. Please indulge me and let me show you one more picture…