Friday, August 19, 2011

Beauty & Humility

Layered-Hairstyle-with-Bangs

I’m going to get a haircut today…or maybe I will get all of them cut.  Ha-ha-ha…Dumb joke.  This is the picture I’m taking with me.  I hope she doesn’t screw it up.  Whatever.  I guess it can’t be much worse than it is now.  I just don’t want her to cut too much off.  You know how those hairdressers are.  Sorry, Aaron! ;)  My oldest son, Aaron, has been in beauty school for a while now.  He graduates in December.  I can’t wait for him to come over and give me haircuts and color and highlights and do my nails, and, and, and…hee-hee.  I’m not a scaredee-cat when it comes to my hair.  I’ll do just about anything.  It’ll grow, right?

I got my nails done yesterday for the first time in a looooong time.  Mine were so ratty and just a mess.  They look much better…

DSCF4261

But look at my other hand with the dog bite marks STILL showing after over two months…

DSCF4259

Gross!  How embarrassing!

I’m going to go buy a cuff bracelet today to wear on Saturday night so I don’t look like a crack whore at the party.  We’re going to be playing cards, so my hands will be very visible.  Ugh.  I really don’t think they’ll ever completely go away and be invisible, but I’ll be glad when they lighten-up.  Sigh.  Such is life.  Liver spots, moles, scars, wrinkles, sun spots, and the list goes on.  Just hold your head up and act like you’re gorgeous, right?  Right.

Am I depressing anyone besides myself?  Hee-hee.

I’ve got to go get some make-up on.  I’ve read that you’re never supposed to go get a haircut without your usual make-up on.  I guess it makes the haircut look better or something.  I know it’ll help when I’m staring at myself in that gigantic mirror for an hour.

Bye!

7 comments:

  1. You'll have to show us how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nails. And I don't know if it works for everybody, so no medical advice here, but it was suggested to me years ago to buy Vitamin E gel tabs, break them open and put the oil directly on spots and blemishes. I figured I didn't have anything to lose...so when I had to wear a strapless-type dress in a friend's wedding, I did this for 2 weeks. It actually worked!! The darkened bra strap lines completely disappeared. (Inquiring minds might wanna know! ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, yes, I am a tad bit more depressed then when I started.... Oh how I wish a cuff bracelet could cover up thunder thighs... belly roll.. butt shelves.... the list goes on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun. I hope we do get to see. Your nails look lovely, they did a nice job.

    Oh, and by the way, your apricot pork is for dinner tonight. yummo. Between you and Beveroni, I seem to be make a trip a day to the store to try something fun and new. But, the two of you have yet to stir me wrong.

    Remember, age spots are all about the character of your life.

    Off to pin a few,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't had bangs since junior high . . bad experience and it has stayed to this day.

    We normally make it back to my hometown in Indiana once a year . . and I schedule haircuts then . . had two experiences here in Western New York . . one was horrible . . glad I didn't see anyone from home until THAT one grew out.

    2nd cut wasn't as bad . . but both have so scared me.

    My nightmare is getting chosen for the Today SHow makeover and they cut my hair too short for a ponytail and give me bangs . . . hen Louis Licari bleaches me out to a canary yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the haircut... secret is getting someone who really knows how you want your hair, not how THEY want it.

    As for the dog bites, find some mederma or scar zone (there's even store brands the Dr's say are just as good)- They are really supposed to lessen the visibility of marks and scars from stretch marks, cuts, surgery etc.


    Don't forget to post some pics of the new hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nails look lovely..My nails are always a mess..Hope you enjoy your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥