Monday, July 25, 2011

Sun Tea & Popsicles

DSCF4023

I almost always make Sun Tea when it’s warm enough outside.  Yesterday I found a recipe online that used 2 Family Size Lipton tea bags and 1 small tea bag of this Bigelow Constant Comment tea.  I happened to have some because I like it, so I tried it yesterday and liked it a lot.  There’s just barely a hint of the orange and spice.

How about some cold and healthy (sort of) popsicles?

Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles

1 small box Strawberry Jello mix
1 - cup water
1/2 - cup sugar
3 - cups plain yogurt
Pureed Strawberries, optional
Small Paper Cups & Popsicle Sticks


In a medium sized pot heat bring water to a boil. Stir in the flavored gelatin. Stir until dissolved then add sugar. Keep stirring until all the gelatin and sugar is dissolved. This may take about 3-5 minutes. Add yogurt a cup at a time and using a wire whisk mix until smooth adding the additional 2 cups of plain yogurt. If using pureed fruit add it now and mix well. Pour into Popsicle mold or cups and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
I put all the little cups in a 9x13 inch glass plan so it was easier to place in the freezer. You can add foil over the whole dish then poke holes to add the sticks into the cups. Or it is easier to get the sticks to stand up if you let the yogurt pops freeze for about 30 minutes. Continue to freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
You can experiment with different flavors of Jello and fresh pureed fruit.

From:  http://www.mommyskitchen.net/

*********************

I’m crocheting a baby sweater that I started yesterday.  I think it’s going to be gigantic and fit a 10-year-old instead.  That’s okay though.  I’ll just stick it in the shop.

There’s not a thing happening in these parts.  I’m hoping for a work-free day.  I’d like to get out to Hobby Lobby and see if I can find some new hanging baskets for my back porch.  Mine have about had it after two years of looking pretty.  Now they just look ratty.  Must be why they attracted the doves to nest there.  I kind of expected them to come back and nest again, but they haven’t yet.

13 comments:

  1. I make popsicles in much the same way but I don't add Jello, I may have to try this one out :) thanks

    Miss Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some odd reason I never got into making sun tea, but your suggestion might just get me started! I got some Earl Grey tea bags in my Ravelry "We Love Lucy" group swap and made some iced tea with it for a recent family BBQ. Might try it with that. I also love Constant Comment tea, great in cold weather to warm you up. I look forward to seeing your sweater!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum--I want to try these Popsicles!

    Can't wait to see the sweater! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Going to try those popsicles using sugar free jello since I'm diabetic. Thank you for posting the recipe for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pam....I will be using your popsicle recipe for sure! I have been making them for the kiddos, and always on the lookout for a new idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Constant Comment, just made myself a cup of that this afternoon. Pops look and sound very good, thanks for recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the recipe, I love yogurt so this is perfect. I am making Banana Split Freezer Jam tonight... Ha... I may mix some in the yogurt pops.... yum !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some yummy-looking popsicles. I may try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wanna a pop sickle!
    is that fletcher's back side in the background? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. those icepoles look great ..:)) As for sun tea , well not sure about that one, but hey its worth a try this summer :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me laugh about the 'large' baby sweater. I've done that more times than I care to mention in my life. ^_^ I'm better with checking my gauge now...Ad I've done the tea too...Constant Comment is a particular favorite of mine for sun tea. I haven't done it in a loooooong time though...Such yummy goodness today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy, I love Constant Comment I will have to try that one...my favorite is pomegranate and green tea..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Pam, You poor things with all that heat and humidity. Pops look yum and the pillowcases are soooo nice.

    I used to make sun tea all the time when I wasn't working all the time! Best thing about it is how smooth and non-bitter tasting it is. It slowly makes tea from the leaves without heating the hell outta 'em and that must be what makes regular type tea bitter (the high heat).

    Can't wait to see your size 10 sweater! Sending you some cool breezes....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥