Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cringe, Rip, Rip, Rip…

DSCF4025

I’m frogging this sweater.  It’s obviously going to be too big, and I won’t have enough yarn without ordering more.  I also don’t like the way the two sides don’t match.  Another pattern would work better with this yarn.  I’m hoping I can save it and use it again.  This is the KnitPicks Chroma yarn (not cheap, but not too terribly expensive either).  I love this yarn.

On to today’s project:

DSCF4029

 

Fingerless gloves in the Granny Stitch.

They are a little bit loose.  I think using a smaller hook and concentrating on making my stitches tighter will make them fit perfectly.  I have a couple more tweaks and I’m also going to try to find a little bit darker green yarn in my stash for the trim.  I’m on a mission to make them perfect.  Free pattern link:  Crochet Openwork Handwarmers

Free Dog Pictures:

DSCF4038 Fletcher

It’s Hot.”

Paw Divider Bar

DSCF4037

Sammi

I will not look at you.”

Paw Divider Bar

DSCF4039

 Eli

Who dat?”

Paw Divider Bar 

Yep, I’m bored.

Time to go play in the yarn box…

Or have lunch and a nap.

Ta-ta, lovelies.

9 comments:

  1. Uh oh..bummer you did all that work and have to "ribbit" out. That yarn is so pretty. It seems to have a nice sheen to it?
    Love the gloves too. And the poor doggins look HOT!!!! Have some of your sun tea and popsicles and put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing my little fur-buddies on your blog. It's not like actually being there so I can pet them though....
    That sweater is so cute with all the colors! I'm sorry you have to frog it...boo hoo. I hope you can do another one.

    I updated my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! It's too bad you won't be able to finish the sweater! It looks like it would have been a real cutie with all those pretty colors...And I like the gloves too. And I agree...the darker green would be pretty...Cute doggie photos too! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I hate having to rip things out. Looks like you have put quite a bit of time in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is really cute, I love the colors! Too bad its the wrong size. Such cute pups you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the two different sides of the sweater look kind of cute but I can see why you might not like them, especially combined with the wrong fit! Hopefully you'll find a good use for the yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did it frog? Hopefully OK... Can you believe I'm just now sitting down for the evening. Been out and on the go all day in the heat. But, probably not as bad as you all from what I see on the Weather Channel. Off to the docs tomorrow, once that's done I should settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, too bad about the frogging. It was fun to see the Chroma used though as I have one skein of it to try out, glad you liked using it.

    I hate to play favorites but I am in love with Eli, he is absolutely cute as pie!

    Hope you're keeping cool... it only got to the mid-70s here in Oregon!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on something not matching up. That bothers me too. I love the colors though in that skein. I wanted to buy some Chroma and don't know why I didn't when I went into HL in Statesboro a few weeks back. I bet I spent 2 hours in there just looking around.

    Love the glovies! I have the left almost done. It is really big on me but I think I know someone that they may fit just perfectly. I thought about adding some 'fringe' on the outside (little pinky side) to fly in the breeze. Just a thought though. :o)

    Love the babies! PeeWee used to be just like Sammi. Leo is almost like that, depends on what's going on at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥