Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Creepy Lady

DSCF3861

Look at my new lady, y’all!

She is really pretty, but she scares the crap out of me.  My dogs are afraid of her too.  She looks so real!  Well, except for the fact that she has no arms or body.  Ha-ha.

DSCF3864

I’m jealous of her lipstick color.  I want it.

******************

DSCF3833

Here is the baby dove.  He stood on the side of the basket most of the day yesterday.  I think he’s trying to get up the nerve to try to fly.  I don’t think that other egg is going to hatch.  Here is an interesting fact about baby doves…  They hang around the area for three weeks after they learn to fly and the daddy dove still feeds them.

My baby is growing up so fast!  Sniff-sniff.  LOL.

*******************

Somebody asked for the roll recipe from my July 4th dinner.  My favorite roll recipe came from a Southern Living Magazine years ago (1993-ish).  It’s called Make-Ahead Yeast Rolls, although I’ve never made the dough ahead of time.  I always put them together and make them the same day.  I have tried at least a dozen other recipes, but I always come back to this one:

DSCF3867

DSCF3866

Click on each of these and Copy & Paste them into a Word Document…drag the edges to the size you want.  That’s the easiest way to print them.  Pardon the gross dried dough on the first part.

**********************

I have lots of work to do.  The flood gates have opened.  Bye.

11 comments:

  1. I expected you to "comment" on the Casey Anthony trial today.

    Get a hanky ready -- you will need it for when your baby dove flies away. Poor mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty amazing how quickly birds grow...especially doves. Hey, "A" just rescued a baby dove from the canopy over her patio. She has it in a cage and has been feeding it. I gave her some of the baby bird forumula and a syringe and it has survived several days now so I think it will be okay. It already had most of its feathers when she rescued it. Anyway, she found out that it is illegal to keep Mourning Doves as pets! I didn't know that. I guess that's why you don't see them for sale online.
    Okay...I'm off to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam. You will have fun using your new "lady" to show off your creativity!!! The dove is looking good. The dead one had to be a baby dove too. Did you remove it? Have a nice day. Hotter than Hades here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't leave her where she will scare you in the middle of the night, when going for a snack. She should bring us lots of laughs in the future that's for sure.

    Glad to know you are working. I thought you had not recovered from yesterdays verdict yet. You know how I feel about FL and what goes on down in the state.

    Busy as a bee here...too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pammy Sue...Thanks for the recipe..I saved it into my iPhoto library. My Hubby's mom was a great cook and she made rolls that my Hubby still talks about. I will have to try your recipe and surprise him one of these days. I like that they freeze well too since it's just the two of us here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool hat...but she is creepy. I'd have to put a towel or something over her head at night so not to wet myself when I woke up and saw her looking at me! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. where did you find your lady? I need one for displaying jewelery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new "model".. hopefully the dogs will get used to her! Thanks for the roll recipe, I *love* fresh baked yeast rolls.. yum!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your lady is just perfect for the cute hat she's wearing! :-) And thanks for sharing your 'baby's' pre-flight picture! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once I got past the creepy woman I was excited about the roll recipe... looks easy enough I'll give it a spin this weekend.. Thanks bunches for posting it! I'll let you know how mine come out..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:46 AM

    Could you share the flower pattern you used on the hat? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥