Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Brisket Dinner Recipes

DSCF3852 

Momma’s Brisket

3-4 lb Brisket, trimmed

Accent Meat Tenderizer (in the spice aisle)

1 regular-size bottle BBQ sauce (any kind)

2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

2 tsp celery seed

4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce

1 tsp salt

2 tsp black pepper* (see note)

Spray a 9 x 13 glass pan with cooking spray. (I have used a metal pan before and the sauce burned.)  Place brisket inside the dish and prick with a fork. Sprinkle liberally with Accent.

Pour BBQ sauce into a large jar. Add the rest of the ingredients, place the jar lid on, and shake until well combined.  *Use half the pepper if you don’t want it spicy.  Surprisingly, this makes it hot.  Pour over brisket. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator to marinated 1-2 days.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Place brisket with foil still on it in the oven and let it bake for 4 – 4 1/2 hours.

Remove from oven and take the foil off. Allow to cool. Pour the BBQ sauce and juices into a jar. Slice the brisket (electric knife works great) and pour about 1 cup of the sauce over the brisket.

Serve immediately with more sauce on the side or cover with a double-thickness of foil and refrigerate the brisket and sauce for reheating when ready to serve.

 

DSCF3853

Pea Salad

1 can LeSeuer Peas, cold, drained well

1-2 Tbsp diced onion

¼ cup American or Cheddar cheese, cubed small

1 tsp sugar

¼ cup Miracle Whip, or to taste

Put the can of peas in the fridge overnight. If I know I’ll be making this, I just store the can of peas in the fridge instead of storing it in the pantry. That way I can make the pea salad at a moment’s notice and not have to wait for it to chill.

Layer these ingredients in a medium bowl but DO NOT MIX. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, mix well.

DSCF3855

 

DSCF3854

^Mashed Potato Recipe ^

Hee-hee.

DSCF3858

 

I made home-made rolls yesterday too.

YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM

8 comments:

  1. And... the roll recipe....??? I am in serious need of a good roll recipe... it ALL looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite mashed potato recipe too! Man, I just wanted to dig into that pea salad. It looks so cool and yummy. I'm gonna have to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very Southern, AND delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am in such shock over the verdict? I can't believe you can find 12 stupider people... Now she has her life back, while her father & brother are forever marked as child molesters.... I know her family wished for her to be found innocent.... let's see if they are happy with what they wished for...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful thanks for the recipe :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks yummy just need some fresh horseradish with the brisket and it is heaven all the way there. It reminds me of when my mom use to cook. Too bad no take out here now that would be even better. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brisket looks great! I've never made it before as I'd always heard it was tough, but I imagine marinating it and cooking it slow makes it tender. Thanks for telling me about Dawn at Fiddlesticks, I've look at her blog before when you were doing the Roosters. I added her to my feed today, her log cabin looks cool with the red centers. Thanks for pointing me her way. Have a great day Pammy Sue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Pea salad.......!!!!!! is it a southern thing.....told you I made it once and was asked if I was 80

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥