Thursday, June 16, 2011

Neck Kerfuffles

Nat Neck Ruff

Natty Neck

Natty Neck Ruff

Ta-Dah!

I’ve been working on this thingy-majig for the last couple of evenings.  I saw one on Ravelry and followed the pattern link…Lo & Behold, I had the magazine with the pattern in it.  So I dug it out, which was pretty easy because I had just organized my Crochet Mags last weekend.  I picked out some yarn, and the rest is history.  Didn’t it turn out cute?  I think it’s kind of bulky for my taste, so I plan on making another one with sport or dk-weight yarn.  In fact, I think I have some green baby yarn that would be good for me with my coloring and reddish hair.  But I digress.

Pattern:  “Natty Neck Ruff,” by Pamela Wynne

Source:  Crochet Today! March/April 2010

Yarn:  Vanna’s in Denim Mist (2 skeins with barely any left)

Hook:  H

*******************

DSCF3484

The Strawberry Shortcake

It was Marvelous!

My secret?  What do you mean?  I don’t have a secret!

Oh wait…yes I do.

Shhhh!  Don’t tell…

DSCF3483

I added a splash of orange liqueur to the strawberries and sugar before I let them sit in the fridge to get all syrupy.  That’s just between us girls now.  I used my Paula’s Texas Orange, but you can use any kind of orange liqueur you want.  Grand Marnier or Cointreau are popular brands that would work too.

Pammy Sue, Over & Out

(I’m a dork for saying that, I know.)

16 comments:

  1. First, I couldn't have been more dorkie myself today. That's what our gang is all about. Any who, I did not know you have this secret plan in action today. It turned out wonderful. But, yes, I think you need to go a little lighter on the yarn for a Texas Summer.

    Did you put just a smidge or a big gulp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely wasn't a lot. I just held my finger over the opening and shook it over the strawberries until I thought it was enough. Maybe 2-3 Tablespoons? And I used a whole pint of strawberries and maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup of sugar. Stir it a couple of times throughout the day. There was plenty of syrup by the time we ate it at 3:00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ruffle-y neck warmer! And yum on the berries and a neat idea to add pizzazz with the liqueur.. mmm. We're beat after going on a sternwheeler cruise today.. all that fresh air and all.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, love the necker thingie majigger!! So cute and ruffly!! Yum on the strawberry shortcake!! And as for saying over and out...Roger that good buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your neck ruffler, havent seen one before & i'm smitten, that goes for the strawberry shortcake too yummmmmmmmmmmm. Have a nice day
    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently you haven't hit menopause yet. I can no longer put anything around my neck. If this keeps up much longer, I'm gonna have to get rid of all of my wool yarn. {Sigh} I like the bathroom scrubbies though.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the strawberry shortcake secret that sure make them even more tastier for sure. I like your ruffle collar it is pretty but, I too could not wear it I get too hot. Getting older you don't worry about getting cold you have your own portable heat furnace no matter where you go. Take care have a great weekend. Over and out there good buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Neck Ruff is beautiful! Bet is look magnificent on you with your coloring! Hmmm, strawberry shortcake and the "special" ingredient! Grabbing a fork and I'm on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pam I love love the neckee thingie majigger..it is cute and looks like a queen's collar... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love Texas girls!! found you through Janis...come over sometime...
    go forward my friend and create lovely things!
    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope my comment worked....

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes Pam it has been a little bit just been super busy...I am glad you stopped by my blog I have had a short amount of comments lately yet my followers keep going up?? I thought maybe there was something wrong with my comments settings... Have a wonderful weekend... Debb

    ReplyDelete
  13. TX orange huh? I'll have to try that. Sounds yum and looks yummy, too. I'm having a salad right now but that looks better. Neck ruffles, cute & lighter weight yarn would be nice, too. You're much too talented to ever be a dork in my world! Have a fab wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love the neck ruffler! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, if you think you are a dork for saying that, then I am too - because I've said it before LOL

    I love Grand Marnier - it's been ages since I've had some. Love fresh strawberries too....mmmmm - delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicole11:06 AM

    Your neck ruff look absolutely gorgeous, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥