Monday, June 13, 2011

Going Green

DSCF3447

Is that a GREEN drink, or what?

So pretty!

Every once in awhile (not often enough), I get on a health kick and start drinking these veggie & fruit drinks as often as I can.  This one is so good!  Some people call them “blended salads.”  This one contains the following:

1 whole, cored apple (peeling on)

2 handfuls spinach

1 handful parsley

1 stalk celery

1/2 green pepper

1/2 cucumber (peeling on)

Juice of 1/2 lemon

Blend in your blender until well combined.  I like to eat mine with a spoon because it’s kind of thick.  It smells so fresh…and it IS!  Try it.  I promise you’ll like it.  The apple makes it sweet.  Sometimes I put a tomato in there too.  It’s so good for you and easier than chopping all that stuff for a salad.

This evening I’m going to have some strawberries and blueberries all blended up.  Yum.

15 comments:

  1. strawberries and blueberry..sounds yummy..not so sure about the green thing though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm...green is my favorite color, but ummmm....I think I'd have to taste a little bit of somebody else's before I'd make a whole glass of this for myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pretty color. :-) Sounds very healthy. Have a great day Pammy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter's make those all the time! Hey...I answered you on my blog, but I will here too. You naughty, naughty little thing!!! Pointing out that me arse is in that photo!!!! I actually chose the one where it was LEAST prominent, as there were others where that was all you could see!!! I didn't crop it out, but I should have!!! I picked that pic because it was the least of me, and showed little Claire's look on her face as we were catching the lizard!!! Now, I think I will go do squats and try to reduce me arse!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw "Going Green".. I thought it would be green yarn.. I'm proud of you for drinking that.. it must be so healthy!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Go green! Even if it's drinking it. Your skin will be even more creamy now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually it looks yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will save that one for summer.. unless I can heat it up :)) it is so cold here ..
    brrrr bring on the sun...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kinda like a veggie smoothie...not sure I could drink a whole glass though. It's great you're eating so healthy. Maybe a bran muffin with that? Just kidding, I can't stand bran muffins. Congrats on the Mavericks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yuck... 1st time I said this when Pammie post about food!
    I drink Shamrock shakes in March (from McDonalds), but its pretty with the green swirl & whipped cream & a cherry on top!
    go green Pammie girl... I will stay brown..coffee brown.. sweet tea brown..and diet Coke brown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope it taste better than it looks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I got my blender out yesterday!
    I threw in two espressos, some milk, some vanilla syrup and some ice. Yum.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds yummy, Cindy Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twas yummy...and gave me some energy too, so I guess I could call it an energy drink!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I might could handle it if the cucumber wasn't in there. The color is pretty though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥