Thursday, June 02, 2011

For Your Pie Hole

DSCF3374

Million Dollar Pie

1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple, drained

           1 can Eagle Brand Milk            

          1/4 cup lemon juice                    

1 cup chopped pecans

1 jar maraschino cherries, drained & chopped

(save 2-3 whole cherries for garnish)

1 (8oz) Cool Whip

1 Graham Cracker Pie Shell

 

Mix all ingredients. Pour into graham cracker pie crust. Garnish with whole cherries on top if desired. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (Mixture will firm-up.)  Note:  You can use 2 jars of cherries if you like.

This no-bake dessert perfect for this hot weather and it’s delicious.  I saved a spoonful of the topping in a little cup and ate it this morning for breakfast.  What?  It has fruit in it! 

 

My friend, Tracie, sent me this recipe.  Thanks, Tracie!  She just finished a pretty crochet blanket.  Y’all go see it on her blog.

feet

DSCF3376

I made a bunch more squares last night.  I have one more light pink set to make before I start putting them together.  I don’t know if that’s enough or not because I haven’t laid them out yet.  I’m making a smaller pillow with them (12” x 12”) this time.  I may have to make a few more of each color.  We’ll see.  These went really fast.

Crochet Freak Divider Bar

We are going over to some friends’ house tonight to see their new patio and have dinner.  I’m taking that pie for dessert.  So I’m a little panicked about having to go see people.  I worried about it all day yesterday.  Why am I such a freak like that?  This is why I’m a recluse most of the time.  I know it’s dumb and not reasonable, but I’m skeered.

small_heart Love Yousmall_heart

~ BYE ~

16 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you and the barn's were going to put all that pie. Now, I know. Fine, get freaked out about going to see a few friends and their new patio. Try having to put on a fancy dress and go to a family wedding. I will gladly switch with you.

    From one recluse to another, we do think a like. But, why are mine on a grander scale at time... giggle-giggle....

    Almost forgot. Diggin' those mini squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy Sue....I get the same...Its because ....while people are nice and all...they arent what makes you happy....sigh...I am in a mood today ...so i have to be nice...sorry, but for the most part what i seek from the people i do want, isnt happening, and the others, arent doing it for me....
    PS...the pie looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so much the same way, Pam. I'd rather stay home and crochet. It's not that I don't like my friends, etc., but I too have become more reclusive since I quit working.

    I will have some-a-that pie though. MMMM looks really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Pie... With a pie like that you shouldn't have any anxiety over dinner with friends. I wish there was a pill I could send you that would make everything all better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everyone enjoys the pie! Then again if they don't that just means you can bring it back home with you and keep it for yourself. I am glad you like the little blanket. It was quick and fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I quit working (now on disability), I would MUCH rather stay home with my computer, my crochet, my doggies, and yummy sweet stuff. Sounds like we have a lot in common! LOL! I have to go to a niece's graduation party tonight, and would much rather just stay home with my hubby and the puppies. But, once I get there, I will be glad I went. I bet you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way I just love to stay home with my yarn stash my husband stays out in the barn with his tools we just love staying around the old farmhouse. the pie yummy yummy my favorite!

    take a deep breath before you go !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pie and the lemon bars look yummy. Our town had the annual strawberry festival today. Cake, ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream. Double Yum

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the new pillow you make with those squares.
    That pie looks fabulous! I wouldn't be able to keep it in the house long enough to get it over to someone elses house! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the same way a home body person since becoming disable I find that it is hard for me at times to get around takes long time to get ready. But there are times I am glad I do get out once in a while. I love your pie a friend use to make a strawberry pie like that and it is so yummy too. Love the new color squares your making can't wait to see the end results. Well my friend take care cheer up I wish I could be there to cheer you on and have a cup of coffee and a piece of pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well.. you could just stay home and eat the whole pie yourselves... LOL.. you'll have fun once you go. My hubby is a major homebody too, and carps about going places, but once he does he's the life of the party. I kind of imagine you as the life of the party too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Killin me!! lol...the pie looks to die for, and easy too!

    Love the squares. I can't wait to start making pillows.

    Ditto on the recluse stuff. It's way too easy when you live in the woods like I do.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all have our comfort zone.. I hate going to new people.. not close friends or family ,just new people. someone I never visited before..Its horrible. Rather be home.
    Your pie looks delicious and I will try it. I even have a can of pineapples just need the eagle brand milk and maraschino cherries..
    I hope you feel better today.. Sending sunny hugs....Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  14. No need to be scared... people are nice chewy things too... some of them could nibble at you too, but they are far away.

    Nice crochet thingies... do you sell some of them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the recipe.. My "piehole" thanks you! Have a great weekend! ~teener

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh! I had this a long time ago & lost it! You are a PIE ANGEL!!!
    Love you~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥