Monday, June 27, 2011

Crochet Ascot

DSCF3603

DSCF3602

 

I bought this pattern on etsy Saturday.  I thought it would be something that would sell well.  We’ll see.  I think it’s really cute.  I’m going to make more colors this week.  The author of the pattern is also selling them (she’s in Australia).  I hated to undercut her too bad so I put the same price as she had only with free shipping.  She says you can sell anything you make with her pattern as long as you give her credit.  She didn’t mention pricing, but I thought it would be rude to undercut her price.

I used Caron Country yarn that I had in my stash.  I went to buy more because it crocheted up so nice for this pattern, and Hobby Lobby has quit carrying it!  Of course!  They’ve had it for years, and now that I want to buy it, it’s gone.  Anywho…so I bought some Caron SS in three other colors.  Hopefully it will look and feel as nice as the other did.  That stuff splits on my sometimes though.  I may regret that. 

Jeez…could I rattle on a little longer about nothing?  Heh-heh.  Crochet, crochet, blah, blah, blah…

I think I have ANOTHER ear infection.  WTF?  I’ve never had ear infections in my life like I’ve had the past two years.  What gives?  I need tubes like I’m 3 years old!  I swear I blew something out in my ears when I blew out my vocal cords and grew giant tumors a couple of years ago.  Dr. Pammy Sue’s diagnosis is that I blew out my Eustachian tubes and they aren’t draining properly.  With the Internet, we can be smarter than those damn doctors sometimes…and CHEAPER! 

 

peanuts-lucy-psychiatrist

snoopyslife's photo from 5/24/09

DSCF3617

Aww…

 

8 comments:

  1. I love the ascot! I've seen these before and always wondered how you did the "hole" where you slide the other side through. Those would be very nice for winter and dress up an otherwise plain top. I put up some pix of our BBQ.. hope you come see!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pattern! And I better check out her patterns. There's not that many people who sell patterns and allow you to sell what you make!...Also, I use Caron SS yarn all the time. It's great!! My shop is full of things made from it. Soft, beautiful when worked up...And boooooo, Hissssss, to ear infections!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love that neck scarf...doo-hicky. I have not seen any like that. I hope you sell a bunch!

    Speaking of selling....my military brat friend, Ruth R. (elephantdreams@etsy) said she bought a hotpad from you. I sent a few of the girls over to look at your shop over the weekend. Sometimes word of mouth is the best way to sell. You should definately e-mail every one you know with your etsy shop address. Cousin Melinda bought a bunch of stuff from me when I first opened my shop and one of Aunt G's friends bought from me too. Don't be shy about it...just kind of matter of fact...like, I opened an etsy shop. Please go look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these will really sell. I like that they are light and not too long and can be thrown on quickly... just saying, I mean I am a Blizzard warriour up here in Chicago. Love the picture of you and the little one.

    How's the heat today for you? What was you weekend like? Not much here. Still no Liz, so I guess I need to vaccum and swish you know what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern , Australian did I read LOL...
    Well done and I hope you recover quickly..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ears sound painful...hope they get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....love the ascot!!! How is the shop doing? Sorry bout the ear infections! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Fletchy loved that I bet. :o) I posted one on FB the other day of Leo in the corner next to me hiding from a storm. He hates storms. Growing older sux with ailments!! I can't imagine the ear aches. I had one when I was a kid and cried. It hurt soooo bad. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥