Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baby Blanket & Pin Cushion Jar

DSCF3505

Rainbow Baby Blanket

Plymouth Encore Colorspun Yarn

I’ve been saving this yarn for almost a year.  It was to go in some Christmas packages last year, but I wanted to hang on to it for some reason.  Now I know why.  Granny had a premonition.  That charcoal-looking color is actually purple.  It showed up really dark in this picture.

Pincushion Jar

I whipped up this little pincushion jar yesterday in less than 30 minutes.  It’s a sweet little thing.

We took my Daddy out for a steak for lunch today with my sister and her husband.  I had grilled salmon with a baked sweet potato and wedge salad.  Perfect!  We stopped and did the grocery shopping on the way home.  Got home in time to see the last 25 laps of the race, and now it’s time for Three O’Clock Coffee.

Hope you all had a great Father’s Day.

small_heart  I love you, Daddy small_heart

12 comments:

  1. I love that yarn! Your jar...it is sweet love that idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pin cushion jar looks so cute! Good quick project. :-]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wowee love the baby blanket...the yarn is gorgeous and your button jar is cute too.
    Em xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a small afghan out of that same brand of yarn one time. It's nice to work with. However, the only place close enough to get it was 45 minutes away, and it just closed Saturday...for good :-(
    Cute pincusion jar.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the stripes that yarn is making.. pretty baby blanket! Hope all is going well on that front. I like the pin-cushion too. You are prolific! Good for you!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pin cushion! And the yarn is going to make a beautiful finished....blanket?
    Sounds like a wonderful Father's Day♥ I will see my Pops tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yarn looks great, I love the sweet variegated colors so! And the pin cushion jar is such a cutie! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pammy Sue, that multicolored yarn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I love that yarn! cannot wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a very nice Father's Day with your dad. The menu sounds delicious too!

    Your little pin cushion/button jar is adorable and that yarn for the blanket looks so pretty! Enjoy your week ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yarn is beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh! Your little pin cushion jar is so cute! I love it that you put all those colorful buttons in the jar.

    I called Daddy after our guests left yesterday. It was about 6 p.m.(your time). I talked to Daddy for a while and then talked to Mom for quite a while getting caught up on things.

    Our BBQ went off just fine and everyone had a good time. I'm off today so I've got a couple of errands to run and some laundry to do and that's it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥