Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

1.  The plumbing crew is here digging.  Oh joy.

2.  I still don't have my main computer back.  Grr!

3.  American Idol was a big bore last night.  I expected better songs, or at least more upbeat songs and a little excitement.  Nope.  I'm looking forward to the finale tonight because I heard that Aerosmith is going to perform.  I am smitten with Steven Tyler.

4.  We were the only area around here that didn't get pummeled by the storms last night.  We were always in a clear spot on the radar with storms all around us.  We did get rain, but that's about it.

5.  Remember those coral geraniums I bought and showed you a picture of several weeks ago?  They are both alive and well!  Shocker!  They both have pretty new blooms on them.  I thought they were both goners for a while there.

6.  Am I the only one NOT surprised by Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity?  Duh, Maria!  He's a ho and always has been.

7.   I thought Kirstie Alley would win DWTS for sure.  I thought she had the popularity vote hands down.  I guess not.

8.  I am not interested in watching The X Factor in the least.

9.  The arches of my feet are killing me.  I have really high arches, and this extra weight I'm carrying is making them scream.  They feel like they are ripping.  I hate wearing shoes when I'm in the house and I never do, but I'm going to have to start.  They need some support to carry this fat lady around now.  I'm wearing these Croc-type house shoes that seem to work.

9.  I want to have all my teeth pulled and get dentures.  I just do.  Is that weird?  It's not so much that I want dentures as it is that I don't want any real teeth in my head anymore.  I'd rather get tooth implants, but they're too expensive.  But if I did any of that, I would need to be totally unconscious for it.  Thanks.

10.  I also want electrolosis for my legs, underarms, and bikini area, although I am not a very hairy person.  Basically, I don't want anything with roots in my body except my head hair.  Got it?  It's disturbing for me to think about roots being in my body.  Is that weird too?

11.  As always, I need a nap, and it's only 9:20 in the morning.  I tend to shut down and sleep to deal with stress.

12.  Being unable to post pictures on my blog really sucks.

Have a good one.  Bye.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it through the storms last night. I thought of you when I saw the report on the Weather Channel. Also I agree with you on the teeth. One more tooth ache and I want mine gone too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh kid, today you may as well just get your mammogram and stirrup appts. out of the way. That should cap off the enjoyment for ya!!! Hope tomorrow is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...you sound like you're have a hell of a day. I couldn't believe #9...I've recently been thinking about it too! Get it done, be done with it.

    And #6...I wasn't surprised. I hope she takes the jerk for everything she can. Don't get me started on infidelity.

    I feel sorry for everyone in the middle of the country and those who have already lost family and friends to these storms. I think about everyone I 'know' out there, you included.

    Happy hump day my friend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I heard that storms were in your area, I was worried for you. Glad you were in the "non-storm pocket."

    By the way, how ae the dogs doing and how is your arm doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. I was worried about you all night. We are getting the weather today. Laundry being done and just hanging with the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness.. I have 2 dental implants and they're working out good. Sorry you're having a rough time of it right now. You have us to talk to, though!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, so glad you were not hit by the storm. So many have lost so much!!! I have Idol on tivo, but haven't had time to watch it yet. May is so busy here I can hardly breathe!!! I love Steven too. About that teeth thing...what....are you freaking crazy!!!??? Nobody should lose their teeth at this age.....just because!!! I have really high arches too, and my feet give me lots of trouble. I also have plantar fascitis (sp?) and have had surgery to correct one foot. Crocs are the most comfortable shoe for it. I keep Crocs at every door to slip into when I go outside. I don't wear shoes in the house. Maybe flips flops, or slippers if it is cold . Hope your plumbing fiasco and computer issues are solved very soon. I feel your pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:42 AM

    #10 you want laser! Hell get implants having teeth pulled is easy and fast and painless. It will cost you about the same as a new car. BP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh geeeeeze.. I'm sorry you're having trouble with pictures. Hope that clears up soon. I did watch American Idol last night, and I thought Scotty got the screws with the song they gave him. I thought they gave Lauren a much better one, or should I say, at least one of those songs that you just KNOW is going to yank at everyone's heartstrings! I don't know. I think I'm gonna be happy for the winner and crying for the loser, no matter how it goes. Good luck with all the plumbing and work on your home! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my crocs too (I got them from Lands End) in several colors. They are so comfortable lots of good support. Plus you can wear them anywhere and not worry about dirt or water.

    My Dad had all of his teeth pulled when he was 29. I still have all of mine except for my wisdom teeth (no jokes here please). I have nightmares of my teeth coming loose and falling out.

    I don't watch "Idol" but "So You Think You Can Dance" is starting a new season tonight on Fox. I like that one the kids are wonderful to watch.

    Hubby and I are counting calories and it is working...we are losing the weight. We haven't given up any foods we love just watch the portions now. Most restaurants have calorie counts on line, most of the foods we buy have the counts too on the packages and we bought a great little book that has just about any food you can think of in it. When we go out we share meals too. We just can't eat all the food they give you. We just had our anniversary dinner at Bertucci's tonight and split a meal and even had dessert. Although we bought home half of our dessert to have for tomorrow. And we didn't exceed our calorie limit for the day.

    Ok, I have to admit I took a 2 hour nap after lunch today.

    Have a good evening and I hope it is stress free for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3# I am so smitten with Steven Tyler as well.
    9# ewwe! I am still recovering from my last dental incident.
    10# sign me up! I had a rather nasty accident last night with scissors because Im frickin' blind! Id love to have electrolisis!
    11# Morning Naps ROCK!
    12# we miss your pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥