Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still With the Dress

DSCF3281

I haven’t sewn the buttons on because I’m going to get different ones, and I still have the tie around the middle to make or buy ribbon for.  I think it’s done other than that.  I don’t want the skirt as long as it would be if I were to add the ripples.  This is for a newborn, so I don’t want it really big.  It may still be too big as it is.  It looks really teeny in that picture but bigger in person.  I want to make this again in a bigger size later down the road.

I used THIS PATTERN as a guide for the top part and then added a round of 2 DC in each stitch in white and a round of SC in red, and THIS PATTERN for the skirt.  I used all Vanna’s Choice Baby yarn.

I’ll show it to y’all again when the tie and buttons are on.  Gotta run.

15 comments:

  1. Love the look of the skirt, so pretty and girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute Pammy Sue. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God...that is so cute! I could just die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! You're one clever lady how you combined 2 patterns to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love the dress it is so cute color is perfect and buttons are great. It is perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait until you start making the sweetest baby hats... you won't be able to stop. I don't have babies... but I am addicted to crocheting for them. Again... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! did you find out your grandchild is going to be a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pammy Sue, I surely do love the colorful stripes on the finished dress.. aDORable!! Hugs, Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so pretty. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so pretty! The one I just finished was big too and I used the hook it called for. The yarn I don't think was what was called for but it was baby sport yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. U back yet with them buttons on it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, ME, OH, MY
    this is just SUGAR PLUM FAIRY cute. Love the bold colors to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol i just read your comment on my blog... well, what makes you think I'm not interested in the buttons? haha

    Besides, I think I've read another post of yours where you are crotcheting something and then you have to bounce and leave us all in suspense with what you're doing haha. If that's not you, then It's either Scribe or R.Jane.

    Now I'm not too sure because y'all do the crotcheting thing.

    But in all honesty it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep typing crotchet and it has nothing to do with crotch. I'm just not very familiar with crocheting... i think im too used to typing crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for stopping over my place about the potholder swap with Pat in Tasmania. Nice to hear from you...your crochet work is as lovely as ever...this dress soooooocute.....this would be such a cute potholder no? these colors are fabulous....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥