Saturday, May 07, 2011

Saturdee

That title is especially for Mr. Pig small_heart who can’t stand it when us Southern gals pronounce our days of the week with an “E” sound at the end.    We also pronounce pillow as “pilla” and window as “winda” and mirror as “mirra.”  Heh-heh.  Of course if we were making a formal speech or something, we wouldn’t do that.  Us educated Southern gals can speak properly if we have to.  Don’t let the accent fool you into thinking we’re short on brains.

 

DSCF3207

Ahh…

Mr. FedEx delivered some new Chroma Colors to me this week.  Could have been Mr. UPS or Mr. Post Office…I’m not sure.  Aren’t they lovely?  I have something special in mind for the Tutti Fruiti one on the right.

Another Potholder…

DSCF3205

Front

DSCF3204 Back

I’m liking the back much better than the front.  Too much of the backside showed through on the front and it messes up the effect.  I should have made the back a solid color.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  The front is Big Round from Beyond the Square Motifs book.  I bet I ripped that sucker out 4 or 5 times and still didn’t get the round part right in the end.  Evidently I can’t count.  I managed to cover up my mistake pretty well, but I still don’t like it.  The plain old Granny Stripe on the back will probably serve as the front when I display it.

I started a different one last night that is a huge pain in the ass.  I won’t be making another one, even though I think it will be pretty and worth it in the end.  Picture and pattern link coming soon.

Finally…

DSCF3208

Pardon the craptastic picture.  I didn’t feel like messing with the lighting and all that jazz to get a better one.  This is Bev’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread.  It’s smelling up the house as it’s cooling on the counter.  It smells really great.  The Captain should be wandering in here with his nose in the air any minute.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how you like it. I actually like it better the second day. Plain old banana bread is still a winner in my book but the peanut butter keeps this extra extra moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell the bread as I read your post . . yummy-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this Pig person you speak of......He is not partial to Hill billys.....hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, haven't you been the busy little southern lady today. Don't think for a second that your accent will pull any wool over this northern's eyes. I went to T.C.U. remember, so I know what you gals are all about...te-he...

    You know I love that chroma and can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

    We both have been out since 8am this morning. I just came in and Scott is still out in the garage doing something. It's now 7pm. E-gads, I think a good long soak is in order.

    You know my Mom has claimed the whole day tomorrow. Orders for dress and sport coat.. not our favorite. Also, something about lessons on her new fancy I-Phone. No way in heck is she getting email on there, as she can even reply to one from the computer....

    Ok enough rambling, time to fill the tub and crack open my fancy new Honey soap. Yipeee..... it's perfect color in there by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're on a roll with the potholders..Looking good :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Pam! We Southern gals shouldn't be taken lightly cause we might have a bit of a sting. Now I want ya'll to have a very Happy Mother's Day!!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, that recipe sounds great and I printed it up. I have quick bread or muffins for breakfast with my coffee so this will be a great addition! Dang you, now I want some Chroma. :-)

    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥