Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Snackn' Food

I’ve been busy throwing food together for the weekend.  The Captain is off and he likes snackin’ food.  Of course it’s not for ME…it’s for HIM.  ;)

DSCF3341

I threw together a box of Cheese-Its Snack Mix X-tra Cheese, another box of regular Cheese-Its, a bag of Bugles, and a bag of Jalapeno Cheetos.  That’s a snack mix for a couple of weeks, at least!  The container on the right has Sesame Noodles in it.  I haven’t added the cilantro, green onions, and chopped peanuts yet.  AND…in the oven still are the Best Lemon Bars.  Can’t wait to have those with Three O’Clock Coffee today.

[DSCF0683.JPG]

Sesame Noodles

Ask Kate if she will give you the recipe.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made these since she gave me the recipe.  They are so freakin’ good, especially now that the weather is turning hotter.  A nice cool noodle salad for dinner works great around here in the summer.

We also have a watermelon in the cooler.  We snuck some last night at about midnight, and it is super-sweet and good!  The trick for getting good watermelon is to NOT get the seedless kind.  They are always mushy and pithy…at least around here.  YUCK!  So get the seeded ones and see how right I am.

********************************

Teresa:  I got a Vizio TV from Wal-Mart to use as my computer monitor!  And, yes, I love it!

What else is going on?

DSCF3337

Some hookin’ and blog-readin’…

(That is not my new monitor)

DSCF3340

New yarn and scheming which pattern to make next…

DSCF3345

Button organizing…

(I still have two jars to add)

DSCF3334

And maybe a little Saturday cruising for garage sales.

What are y’all doing?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy!

    In the first picture... On the table... Is that Fenton? It looks like a candle holder my Grandma use have,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how did you do that coffee cup by your post title. cool.

    In fact Scooter is on the way to the club and bring back some linguni noodles, finished one batch this past week and we both want another already. Guess I'll have to post it again this week.

    What your cruising G.S.s today? Don't go by that picnic and get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - It doesn't say Fenton on the bottom so I don't know what it is, but I have five of them in different colors. I got them on eBay!

    G.B. - That little coffee cup is part of the template. It's always there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good weekend for you with all those yummy snacks.

    I did a little cleaning up around the house, worked on that transcription Alicia sent last week, and now I'm taking a break to look at catalogues I got in the mail. It's bunco night with the girls so I will have to spruce up a bit. I'll probably send Art out to some hamburger joint for dinner. GENIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, I want that noodle recipe!!!! Have a great weekend, munching and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that yarn looks so soft!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun a new monitor! Was gonna rush out to do as much gardening as I can and awoke to drizzle, darn. So I'm having my coffee and doing some blogging instead. Yummy looking snacks, yarn and buttons. Did ya find anything good garage sale-ing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi You....I was a snack queen yesterday in the grocery. I bought mostly junk......Your noodles look delightful.
    Did you find anything gayrage sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, all these snacks look so good... And I like that new monitor.. But OMG!! Did you watch the 600 race?! Earnhardt HAD it in the palm of his hands, and ran out of gas! (Just had to see if you were watching too!) ~teener P.S. Glad you liked the pillow! I was glad I FINALLY got around to MAKING it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥