Sunday, May 29, 2011

Roses & Lace Dress

DSCF3346

With the camera’s flash on…

The colors are not showing up exactly right.

It’s a rose color and a very light pink color.

DSCF3347

Without the flash…

It’s still not really right.  The rose color is more pinkish in real life.

DSCF3350

DSCF3351

I have a piece of paper and a paper towel rolled up and stuck up inside there so you can see the pattern clearly.  It looks kind of rumpled.  I’m not sure how to block this one.  This is a new one on me.  Maybe I’ll just steam it?  It’s #3 thread weight Paton’s Grace yarn done with a size E hook.

DSCF3352

I forgot to take a picture of the back with the little pearl buttons.  I’ll do that tomorrow.

Pattern source:  Hooked on Crochet, April 2007.

Time to read a magazine in my happy place.  See ya tomorrow.  I almost forgot…I’m off because it’s a holiday!  Yipee!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pammy, .. Happy Holidays to you too :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling! Wish you could have come to the pig roast as my date. It was so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pammy,

    I love the crocheting you've been doing lately. Lovely work. :)

    Cheers,
    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooOOOoo pretty and girlie and lacy and awesome! Thanks for showing.. looking forward to seeing the back tomorrow.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely Pam! I bet it must be more gorgeous in real life, but even though the photos didn't show true colors, it's amazing! Love it! Your baby crochet inspires me so!!!
    Have a great holiday!
    Love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO PRECIOUS! Makes me want to make a thread dress for mt BFF's 12 day old grand-daughter. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥