I didn’t use a pattern for this one. I just looked at one that I found in that Flickr group and made it up as I went. It’s not exactly like the one I saw, but it’s close. I think the main difference is I made my stitches in the spaces of the previous rows rather than in the stitches themselves. This one is my personal favorite so far. I used a G hook, and all the yarn is H.L. ILTY except the taupe which is H.L. ILTC. I did a 5 dc shell border.
This is the other one I made. I used THIS PATTERN and did a simple sc border. Obviously I did not use thread so I made less rows than called for. I used Hobby Lobby ILTY and a G hook on this one.
Both of these potholders are double thickness, and I made the backs slightly different. Here are the backs of both:
They are both so thick and plush! I love them. I will only be using them for decorations. That’s why I went ahead and used the acrylic yarn. Otherwise, I would have used all cotton. I have two or three more potholders I found through the Swap site that I want to make. I’m off to start another one!
I needed refreshments to keep up my stamina! YUM!
ONE MORE THING:
They are “80% sure” my grandbaby is a girl!! We will have to wait another 8 weeks to find out for sure. DANG IT! I don’t know if I can stand it.