Monday, May 30, 2011

House Decor

I went shopping yesterday and bought a couple of new things for the house…

DSCF3358

I bought this new picture for above the fireplace.  I love the old one, but I was ready for a change.  I love it.

DSCF3354

I also got these three little pots of fake hydrangeas for on top of the kitchen cabinets.  My sister has had something similar in her kitchen for years and I’ve always loved hers.

DSCF3353

DSCF3357

I still have a naked spot above the cabinets in the corner of my kitchen.  I’m not sure what will be going there.

DSCF3359

I’m having my favorite Chicken and Stewed Tomatoes as I write this.  YUM.  I never get tired of this meal.

I’m not crocheting on anything yet today.  I have a sneaking suspicion I’m going to start yet another new project.  I know you are shocked.  What I need to do is put a couple more rows on the colorful striped dress, and a couple more rows on the Swing Set Cardigan, and add buttons to both.  Meh.  I’d rather do something new. 

 

I can hear Sarah Palin’s voice on the TV right now in the living room.  Ugh.  We are going to have to hear that annoying, whiney, nasal voice until at least November 2012!  God save us.

14 comments:

  1. Love your new stuff!!! LOL...you a left winger girl? I like Ms Palin. But not for office. And that's all I am gonna say about that!! Have a happy day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picture and all the rest. They're my color scheme as well. Great picks. Your last post ... the little dress is beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris ~ No, I am not a left-winger, in the radical sense at least. I thought I was a liberal for years until I took an online test which said I was 95% conservative! Ha-ha. I don't label myself as Republican or Democrat either...I judge by the person and their opinions on the issues, not by party alone. I was just saying that S.P. is annoying to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new pic above the fire place..
    Have a great day :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lighting you use in your kitchen, wish I could update my kitchen :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is:

    Lovely AND yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - Don't let the Scribe or RJ see that fake greenery! They made me get rid of all of mine. (don't tell them it's still in the bag they threw it in, in our garage)

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, that's where you were all day yesterday..shopping. Love the new painting, bright and fresh. Great pots too. In fact, I found this very refreshing until your last point. 2012, really.

    But the way, I think that new dress is just too cute. Love the raspberry color. Is it ILTY?

    Time for beddie-bye here in the steaming Windy City. Can't believe yesterday I had on a turtleneck and it was 48, then today in the 90s. They actually closed the beaches in the city, as peeps were passing out. Me, I was home doing "stuff". Glad someone goes back to work tomorrow and I can get back to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that I read the above. I see that Kris and I are just a like in our thoughts on Mrs. P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Pammy Sue, I enjoyed seeing peeks around your home. Very tidy and very pretty! Love the bird cages. We had a good weekend.. just put up some pix.. hope you pop over for a visit. I put the requested hippie chick pix up. LOL
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy! I spy the Roosters on your range hood! Love the lighting in your kitchen. Chicken looks good but I really want a lemon bar from the post above! Have a fab week, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new picture above the fireplace and the goodies on the kitchen cabinets. Can't do that on mine since they attach to the ceiling. you know how those little old houses are.....Hugs Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I didn't know you have lights on top of your kitchen cabinets. Very cool. I love that new tree picture in your livingroom. I've always had a "thing" for tree pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥