Friday, May 20, 2011

Finished, Started, Eaten!

Finished…

 

DSCF3296

Here is Linda Permann’s Swing Set Cardigan.  I ran out of the solid aqua yarn so couldn’t make the sleeves longer like the pattern.  I hate to go buy more because I just got rid of what I’d had for at least three years.  I may just use the variegated Snowflake to make them longer.  I’m just not sure how great that will look.  I also need buttons.  My Hobby Lobby list is full of buttons.

Started…

 

DSCF3297

I just started my Fisherman’s Wife Shawl a few minutes ago.  I’m about to start Row 2.  I like the Fishermen’s Wool yarn.  It doesn’t feel as scratchy as I thought it would.  I bought the pattern several months back but didn’t have the yarn I needed until now.

Already Eaten…

DSCF3269

Crustless Egg Custard

And lastly, here’s the Crustless Egg Custard I made several days ago.  Doesn’t it look yummy?  I got this from a hooky friend that lives in South Carolina.  She said it had been in her family since the 1850s!  I absolutely love this as a dessert or breakfast.  It’s very dangerous though.  I can’t stop eating it once I make it.  In fact, you’d better make two if you make it because it won’t last.  And look how EASY…

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In your blender place the following:

  • 3 Eggs
  • 5 Tbsp Flour (1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp)
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Cup of Milk
  • 1 (12-oz) Can of Evaporated Milk (Not sweetened condensed)
  • 2 tsp Vanilla

Blend well about 1 minute.

Butter a 9-inch pie plate.  Pour the mixture into your buttered dish and top with generous amount of freshly grated nutmeg.  Be careful while placing it in the oven…plate will be FULL.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  It's okay if you have a spot in the middle that is still jiggly.  It will set up as it cools.  Cool completely on a rack.  Refrigerate.

 

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Pam! You are inspired! My grandmother used to make this and I have looked everywhere for a recipe similar to hers and this is it. I'm in heaven. I love this wonderful custard. The only thing better would be to share a bowl with you.

    Darling baby jacket. I think it would be cute with the contrast on the bottom. Now you know why I love making all those cute little baby things. Almost instant reward and they are just so damn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little jacket/dress is so cute! I like the sleeves short like tht.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with oceankisses - I'd leave the sleeves short, it looks like such a fun sweater! I love custard too, and it makes it extra attractive as you don't have to make a pie crust!

    Will write you back... I have a DILDQ too! (That is a Cue on the end. LOL)

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little cardigan is just so precious! Us South Carolina girls sure can cook ha ha!! I made a French Coconut Pie for my Mom a couple days ago that was superb. I will gladly share where I got the recipe if you are interested. Hope you have a great hooky weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have to figure out how to make that one bigger... like our size. I would wear that around the house as a vestie in the winter....
    Ecks... I still need to make that custard pie, thanks for the reminder. Time for bed, no nap today and I'm pooped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling......love it...and I can't wait to make this custard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mum used to make a baked egg custard- yummy!
    Top tip is to pour most of the mix in, then put the pan in the oven and top up the mix. It makes for less spills if you are as clumsy as me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam, cute little cardigan, it came out nice. Would love to try the custard but I just want some now! The shawl will be so pretty can't wait to see the stitches you've chosen. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute - perfect as is. Now I must get that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for the crust-less pie recipe. Did you get your Etsy Store opened up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm like everyone else...I like the cardigan as it is...it's really precious! Love the colors too.

    Dang you.....now you know I just have to make that custard pie! I wonder how many calories one is....cuz you know I'll have to eat the whole thing. I mean, Leo for sure won't want any, errrr, I mean Leo for sure will not get any with his mama around. lmao.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥