Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Piddling

DSCF2942

This is a crappy picture, but I wanted to show you the lamp shade & base I bought at Target the other day.  I’ve been looking for a round shade like this so I could crochet a cover for it.  The plastic is still on there so it looks like of shiny right now.  I will take that off when I’m ready to put the cover on.  I think I’m going to make a Granny Striped one to start with.  I won’t be gluing it on there so I can change it whenever I feel like it.  Now if my arm will just cooperate, I can make it.  (Going to a different doc tomorrow to see what he can do.  The steroid shot doesn’t seem to have worked.)

GS Page Divider

 

About that book I posted yesterday…I thought I had put a link in there, but I guess I didn’t or it didn’t take or something.  I got mine HERE.  I noticed this morning that Coco Rose had posted about the same book.  You can see a picture of another afghan in the book that she is making on her blog HERE.  I stared at that afghan picture in the book last night for a long time.  I really love it too.

And while I’m giving links, Sandy posted an old Weight Watchers’ recipe on her blog yesterday for Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I will be making it very soon.  It sounds super-quick & easy.

GS Page Divider

I don’t think I ever showed you the other candle jar cover I made while we were on vacation.  Here ‘tis…

DSCF2929

I used a different type of baby yarn that was a little thicker than the white.  I didn’t like it near as much.  I think the thinner the yarn the better on these.  I will make more when I’m able.  They are quick and fun to make for a little instant gratification.

Okay, that’s it from me.  I’m off to go piddle around.  It’s a piddling kind of day around here.

5 comments:

  1. Really cool lamp. Really cool afghan. I just love those candle jar covers. That is such a cool idea.

    Sorry your arm still isn't better. Maybe a different doc will have a different method of treating it. It's hard not to be impatient with our bodies, huh? I've noticed that it takes longer to heal from stuff as I get holder...especially injuries. I'm starting to get paranoid about hurting myself because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you should be back now. What did the doc say? Do you get to keep your hookn' hand? Love those candle covers. I didn't know you were actually hookn' on the road. Can't wait to see your lamp covers. Still in love with this book and thanks for the link over. Great blog to add to my list, which is growing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making those candle covrs too I just love them. Sorry your arm is still not better. :( Love the lamp shade idea and cannot wait to see it when you finish. Debb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the new doc can help you with that arm. I am sending out a little prayer for your arm to get "fixed" very soon. I love the lamp and can't wait to see what you make for it. You should be down right ashamed of yourself for teasing us with all these new books and awesome projects, because you know, we are going to have to make them, too. You little enabler you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your lamp and your candle cozys they are really neat what a great idea too. I hope that the Doctor can help you with your arm for sure I know from extreme pain hurts as I suffer every day from the arthritis in all my joints now. Golden years suck in my book you just hurt more. Well take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥