Friday, April 08, 2011

Patterns & Pigs

I recently ordered ten patterns from Sarah London when she had a special offer of 10 patterns for $10 (AUD).  That comes to a little over $1.05 each in US money in case you were wondering.  I was thrilled to get this great deal.  I love her stuff!

Anyway…I’ve become obsessed with one certain pattern:

DSCF2969

DSCF2966

DSCF2967

DSCF2970

Rose Motif

I love making these.  They are easy and quick once you learn the pattern.  I only had to make one before I had it down and could make them without a pattern.  They may look intimidating, but they’re really simple.  I love the three-dimensionality of them.  It’s brilliant I tell you.

I noticed today that Sarah is extending the sale and has even added 10 new patterns to the mix.  I may have to go get more even though I haven’t tried all of the others I bought yet.  If you’re interested, check it out HERE.

I don’t know yet if I’m going to make a whole blanket, a baby blanket, or just a pillow.  I need to make up my mind.  Or maybe I’ll make all three!  All I know is I don’t want to stop making these squares!  I may make a pillow from this one and choose new colors for a blanket.  What do you think?  Is the aqua color too much for a blanket?  I could join them with a round of white which would dilute the aqua color a bit.  I’m itching to make a yellow flower…and a purple one…and…and…and…

********************

My house is getting a good cleaning today.  Because of our vacation and other things, she hasn’t been here in 4 weeks!  Yikes!  Now I have done a few things like vacuum the dog hair up and clean the toilets since the last time she was here (and I always keep my kitchen clean), but my house has not had a proper cleaning for a long while and is overdue.  I love a clean house.  She probably hates me because there is crochet paraphernalia and yarn EVERYWHERE.  I try to pick it up so she can clean, but it’s still in multiple locations throughout the house in semi-neat piles.  Plus, my dogs follow her around and steal her sponges and rags.  Hee-hee.  We’re always chasing them around trying to get them back.  That’s why when she’s finished in the master bedroom and bath, I corral them in there and stay with them until she’s finished.

*****************

The NASCAR big boys are here this weekend.  We’re not going to make it out there again this time.  It’s so much fun to go though.  That is something you definitely need to do at least once in your life even if you’re not a racing fan.  It’s an amazing experience live and in person.  You can’t believe how loud and FAST those cars are in person.  The television just does not capture it.  The first time I went, I just sat there wide-eyed with my mouth hanging open.  I was stunned and exhilarated.  You can feel it throughout your entire body when they zoom by.  I just got the chills thinking about it as I typed that.  I’m telling you, it’s just freakin’ COOL!

I small_heart NASCAR

Does that make me a hillbilly?

race-car-border-graphic

Okay, it’s time for me to go hide in my room until the cleaning is finished.  I’m going to go look through some recipe sites and see what I’m going to bake for this weekend.  I’m making a meatloaf later today, but I need a dessert too.  Can’t wait for those leftover meatloaf sandwiches!

nom-nom-nom

pig-01

16 comments:

  1. Oh my ....I LOVE that pattern!!!! I must finish up my Mom's afghan before I begin anything else though!!! Nascar...I don't get it. But I know a lot of people love it. Give me my baseball..and I am happy girl!
    How is the arm?
    Love ya,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That aqua is fabulous! You can never have enough aqua. Love that pattern. It just became one of my 10 for $10. When Sarah announced her sale the first time, I jumped on it! Currently doing the Ric Rac pattern in aqua(!), white, and cherry red. Don't know what I'm going to do next.

    Be careful with that arm and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stitching friend is making an afghan with that same pattern and she too loves making them. I have not ventured into it yet but I do love granny squares, have you noticed how they are making a comeback? I went and visited the pattern site and I love love that round pillow with the pinks and purples... yummy and the tea cozy wow...what a great deal... :) Oh shoot now my mouth is watering for some meatloaf...I think I will make some for tonight too... how about a zucchini bread as dessert? Or maybe a peach cobbler??? Are you drooling yet?? lol...Debb

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing. I'm going to have to check out her sale. Hey, you know what? You can always make a bunch for ME! I mean, since you love making them so much and don't know what to do with them . . . I'm just sayin' -- after all we are such good buddies and everything. Why, I'd do the same for you, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the squares.. will make a nice blankie! Our house needs some help, our housekeeper who came once a month had back problems and hasn't come for 2 months and I miss the dust being gone.

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool pattern! You could do a set...blanket or afghan and pillow. (for your grandbaby!)

    I used to love to go to the stock car races here but the El Cajon track closed because the property owner wanted the land for something else. It was a lot of fun going to the races! I haven't gotten into nascar though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the flower pattern and aqua...you go, GIRL! Just take lotsa breaks so you don't tweak your arm. Enjoy your clean house and have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roses how very English ;-)

    Wizz

    ReplyDelete
  9. We shall just start calling Barney......JEB....

    Ok, how did I know you were going to order those S.L. patterns. I think those roses are great. I would be addicted in a NY second.

    Up early, as you know who was creekn around already getting ready to leave and looking for breakfast. You know a nap will be in order by the pool this afternoon. Man, oh, man he is pestering me already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We shall just start calling Barney......JEB....

    Ok, how did I know you were going to order those S.L. patterns. I think those roses are great. I would be addicted in a NY second.

    Up early, as you know who was creekn around already getting ready to leave and looking for breakfast. You know a nap will be in order by the pool this afternoon. Man, oh, man he is pestering me already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you are crocheting again. The aqua is pretty with the flowers. I noticed you like to try new recipes, not that you are going to make this meatloaf, but it's different and really good. It's the first meatloaf that I actually loved and the only one I make now. Hope you do not mind me posting it. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/10/recipe-for-horseradish-meatloaf-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth Cat has this pattern for FREE on Flickr. Here's the link:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizabethcat/4297619238/in/faves-never_knew_crochet/

    I made a pillow with it; pics on my blog here:
    http://neverknewcrochet.blogspot.com/2010/10/cushion-creation.html

    If it's not exactly the same, it's very similar.

    It's great isn't it? Yours look fab. I love the red and white.
    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow thank you Miss Pammy, I had never heard of Sarah London before. I ordered lots and lots of her patterns. I am such a sucker for sales!!!
    I love the colors you chose. I have noticed you are going into a brighter period of color in your life, I was told once that had to do with hormones.....


    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. shend: Of course I don't mind you posting that recipe here! I always love a recipe.

    Never Knew: That is exactly the same pattern for the flower. Sarah's pattern is for the entire square. I'm sure you could figure out the square part if you knew what you were doing. Sometimes I'm dense and I prefer someone to write it out for me! ;) Love your pillow and Elizabeth's too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pattern! I bet that'll make a beautimus pillow!

    I went to Daytona once and the smell along with the rumble is unbelievable. We were down by the fence..I think we went to the Pepsi 400. When I was married life used to stop on race day. Since I got divorced I can't sit down and watch a race anymore. That was something 'we' always did together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pattern! I bet that'll make a beautimus pillow!

    I went to Daytona once and the smell along with the rumble is unbelievable. We were down by the fence..I think we went to the Pepsi 400. When I was married life used to stop on race day. Since I got divorced I can't sit down and watch a race anymore. That was something 'we' always did together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥